Has the annoying build up to Chrimbo started yet at your workplace?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nowt more annoying than referring to Christmas as 'Chrimbo'.

I first heard the term used by Damon Grant on Brookside. Shite character, shite show, enough of an indictment of a shite word.

Nowt more annoying than referring to Christmas as 'Chrimbo'.

I first heard the term used by Damon Grant on Brookside. Shite character, shite show, enough of an indictment of a shite word.
It's Crimbo and I'm afraid I use it a lot :oops:

I f***ing hate Christmas. All it represents to me is stress and family arguments, and fake sentiment surrounded by shopping trips and f***ing sleigh bells.

This is not a popular view so I bite down on it, plaster on a fake f***ing smile and do my best to go along with the whole hideous f***ing thing.

I f***ing hate Christmas. All it represents to me is stress and family arguments, and fake sentiment surrounded by shopping trips and f***ing sleigh bells.

This is not a popular view so I bite down on it, plaster on a fake f***ing smile and do my best to go along with the whole hideous f***ing thing.
Santa knows when you are faking it.

I get stressed at work, stressed at home, so I need to be somewhere inbetween!

This year's shopping list is restricted to the kids and very immediate family so I aim to do it all this week. Instead of cards we've suggested small donations to a worthy cause.

Christmas Day itself is usually OK and I tend to grin and bear it so the kids are happy. But I can't wait to say "Well that's it all over for another year" at 12:01 as I can remember my own older relatives doing it.

It's the competitive christmasing that makes me laugh, the lasses trying to out do each other by saying how they have all bought and wrapped their presents already, as if this is some kind of badge of honour that you had everything bought by September.

There's a Christmas jumper competition next Friday and if you don't enter you're a spoil sport so literally every single person in the office (apart from me and the other temps) is going to Primark to buy a Christmas jumper for a tenner so that they don't look daft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back