Has anyone else ever done so poorly for us as a manager and kept his job

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he fails in the Championship next season he will be the worst manager in my lifetime imo, quite an accolade!
It would be like McMeneny being given the chance to get us out of Division 3 and failing.

Indeed. Some people have no sense of perspective.
We were better under Lawrie Mac than Moyes. Lawrie was a much better manager. He had us in the Top 5 of Division 2 in Nov 86. It was Stokoe who sent us down. Lawrie won a trophy in his career and took his small club to 2nd something Moyes has never done.

We were better under Lawrie Mac than Moyes. Lawrie was a much better manager. He had us in the Top 5 of Division 2 in Nov 86. It was Stokoe who sent us down. Lawrie won a trophy in his career and took his small club to 2nd something Moyes has never done.

Garbage. Things improved after Stokoe took over, but he never had a chance of keeping that lot up

Garbage. Things improved after Stokoe took over, but he never had a chance of keeping that lot up
Things didn't improve at all mate. We weren't even in the bottom 3 when Lawrie left. Stokoe took us into the bottom 3. History re writing its self. Stokoe had every chance we took the lead in 6 games he was in charge of that we didn't win. If we had won just one of those 6 games we would have been safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats 4 transfer windows. youd be prepared to trust him with 4 transfer budgets on his recent performances in the transfer market?

Yes. Think about what money he has had available. Has that little fact past you by? I don't think what money Ellis does give him is anywhere near enough. Looking at the Wikipedia entry for this season the only bad signing's for big money is Djilobodji for £8 million and Paddy McNair and Donald Love for £5.5m. I don't think Darron Gibson and Brian Oviedo for £7.5m is that bad. And of course we have Didier N'Dong who is perceived on here to be quite something who we signed for £13.6m. And Victor Anichebe and Steven Pienaar were all free's. Joleon Lescott was a free but I don't know how good or bad he is but we have not had that chance since he has only played 12 League and 2 League Cup times. And of course his loans hasn't been that bad. Apparently Januzaj has been playing OK for us and Denayer is a defender I rate personally. I don't know about Maquillo. For someone whose summer transfer window has been somewhat narrow having only been appointed July 23 that isn't as terrible as people have made out now I have wrote it.

Things didn't improve at all mate. We weren't even in the bottom 3 when Lawrie left. Stokoe took us into the bottom 3. History re writing its self. Stokoe had every chance we took the lead in 6 games he was in charge of that we didn't win. If we had won just one of those 6 games we would have been safe.

His league stats were not bad at all and not relegation stats W - 2, D - 2, L - 3. Those are not relegation stats at all. How you can say it was his fault we went down is beyond belief.

Yes. Think about what money he has had available. Has that little fact past you by? I don't think what money Ellis does give him is anywhere near enough. Looking at the Wikipedia entry for this season the only bad signing's for big money is Djilobodji for £8 million and Paddy McNair and Donald Love for £5.5m. I don't think Darron Gibson and Brian Oviedo for £7.5m is that bad. And of course we have Didier N'Dong who is perceived on here to be quite something who we signed for £13.6m. And Victor Anichebe and Steven Pienaar were all free's. Joleon Lescott was a free but I don't know how good or bad he is but we have not had that chance since he has only played 12 League and 2 League Cup times. And of course his loans hasn't been that bad. Apparently Januzaj has been playing OK for us and Denayer is a defender I rate personally. I don't know about Maquillo. For someone whose summer transfer window has been somewhat narrow having only been appointed July 23 that isn't as terrible as people have made out now I have wrote it.
Yes it is how far of safety are we

Stability, yes, success in avoiding relegation -no! Success in gaining promotion, I don't think so. Once again, he must have had an excellent backroom staff at Everton.

My thoughts aswell !
whe could have had stability before but we'd have been relegated like no before now

Because he has failed in every deparment here. I see only very ordinary players coming in and they will be supplimented by kids who are simply not up to it. Stable, cheap, one word short - successful, no!
Just look at who we've been linked with in the past few weeks

Ambrose & waghorn f***ing Jesus :rolleyes:

His league stats were not bad at all and not relegation stats W - 2, D - 2, L - 3. Those are not relegation stats at all. How you can say it was his fault we went down is beyond belief.
The truth hurts. We dropped from 17th to 20th under Stokoe. Teams around the bottom win more games during the last couple months. 2 wins in 2 months was poor. His tactics were clueless didn't know how to protect a lead. Lawrie Mac was a much better manager. He would have saved us.

Last edited by a moderator:
My thoughts aswell !
whe could have had stability before but we'd have been relegated like no before now
It's the other "s" word that we will never hear under this bloke SUCCESS and that means for us to gain promotion, survival has never been on this season.

I know, I am totally p-ssed off by it all, we used to have a glimmer of hope, since this bloke arrived, all hope has been lost.

All the hope after May was gone two games in with Moyes were in a relegation battle comments

2 f***ing games in I'd've sacked him for that alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back