Has anyone else ever done so poorly for us as a manager and kept his job

Status
Not open for further replies.

We've finished much lower in the 2nd flight with McMenemy 18th, 20th under Reid* and Butcher 21st - Davey's got a lot of leeway there.

* he kept us up taking over late on that season.

These are good times man. Rejoice ffs.:cool:

Those managers all took over with us in division 2. Thus far Moyes is doing pretty much as bad as he possibly could.

Those managers all took over with us in division 2. Thus far Moyes is doing pretty much as bad as he possibly could.
Point being, unless he reaches them dizzy erm, depths;) there have been worse.

Anyway. As we all know we will walk the championship should we go down as we are so much better than the mags as we all know. No Fear:cool::lol:

He's going to give us stability for once !

This. By giving David Moyes stability he is giving David Moyes the chance to give us stability. What IF a manager for once was given longer than something like just over 2 years which is the current longest I think for a manager under Ellis Short's reign. One or two did not even see the remainder of the year out. What IF Ellis Short just for once just bit the bullet. Went for broke. Just went for it and found out what it is like to keep a manager long term and what can be achieved if they are kept for longer than just 2 years. I do not like David Moyes right now. I do not like what he is doing with the team. But I am not prepared to go to the extent of running out on not just him, not just the team but the entire club. I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. I am prepared to let him see what he can do with a clean slate in the Championship without certain players and where we can be.

This. By giving David Moyes stability he is giving David Moyes the chance to give us stability. What IF a manager for once was given longer than something like just over 2 years which is the current longest I think for a manager under Ellis Short's reign. One or two did not even see the remainder of the year out. What IF Ellis Short just for once just bit the bullet. Went for broke. Just went for it and found out what it is like to keep a manager long term and what can be achieved if they are kept for longer than just 2 years. I do not like David Moyes right now. I do not like what he is doing with the team. But I am not prepared to go to the extent of running out on not just him, not just the team but the entire club. I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. I am prepared to let him see what he can do with a clean slate in the Championship without certain players and where we can be.
Thats 4 transfer windows. youd be prepared to trust him with 4 transfer budgets on his recent performances in the transfer market?

Only Wilkinson and McCarthy have worse records and they were pedalled towards the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back