Harry Winks

He's a Cockney who, without ever doing anything of note, has been backed by luminaries like Danny Murphy. 26 years old and what's he done?
Played champions league football (reaching a final, a game in which he started ) , played and scored for his country and has played a lot of Premier league football.

Hes had a pretty decent career so far

I don't think he brings a lot to the table for 40 million....Didn't they pay around that for Dele Ali too?

Everton have been off their tits with the money they've wasted recently, but its also pretty nuts how much some of these players go for in the Premiership nowadays

Nowhere near as bad as he’s made out to be. Probably overpriced and overpaid, mind.

Not all midfielders are highlight reel players.
When they are costing £40m they should be, he's a £6-8m player at best, even with today's silly money, the long haired Spanish lad at Everton is better at doing the same job, pointless waste of money imo.

We have a young lad in our reserves called Tom Scott who is a watered down version of Winks, thinks his only job as a central midfielder is to pass the ball back to the CB's and sideways to anyone within 10yds of him. I'm screaming in my head pass the f***ing thing forward - got a boat load of filthy looks when it actually slipped out of my mouth once. Just find it such a shame that teams feel there's a need for someone to play this role and that the young'un will be on the dole in 2 years time when they tell him he doesn't do enough.

Said to bloke the other day we would have to spend min 500 million if we went up. Semi decent players go for around 50 mil and we would need a squad of them.

He's the new Vinnie Samways.

Now that was an odd transfer but he was successful and a fan favourite. Far more learned observers of the Spanish game suggest he was more suited to their style of play, hence his success. If it was an option, Winks would be better off in repeating Samways' career but missing out Everton and going straight to Spain.

Back