Harry Gregg

Status
Not open for further replies.

He really was a hero in every sense of the word, a gentleman on and off the field, a leader, a man who others turned to for help .You could fill a book on his attributes.He should be lying in state in Manchester such is his standing in the city, I was once privileged to shake his hand in the old boardroom at Old Trafford, it nearly went in plaster, RIP Mr Gregg.

Wasn't that lass pregnant with John Lukic the future Leeds goalkeeper? I'm sure it was a quiz question years ago.
It would have to be the longest pregnancy ever for it to have been John Lukic mate. The Munich disaster was in February 1958 and John Lukic was born 11th December 1960 ;):D

It would have to be the longest pregnancy ever for it to have been John Lukic mate. The Munich disaster was in February 1958 and John Lukic was born 11th December 1960 ;):D
I just remember a quiz question about it years ago, long before the internet, never thought about it till now really.

He really was a hero in every sense of the word, a gentleman on and off the field, a leader, a man who others turned to for help .You could fill a book on his attributes.He should be lying in state in Manchester such is his standing in the city, I was once privileged to shake his hand in the old boardroom at Old Trafford, it nearly went in plaster, RIP Mr Gregg.
Spot on.

A true hero. Should have been Sir Harry a long time ago. What he did, not once but twice, is real heroism. Also, reading an article on his funeral, he was not averse to the use of "industrial language" which i (perhaps strangely) rather liked.

A true hero. Should have been Sir Harry a long time ago. What he did, not once but twice, is real heroism. Also, reading an article on his funeral, he was not averse to the use of "industrial language" which i (perhaps strangely) rather liked.
I heard him use s bit of industrial language in an interview when he had a go at a very young Georgie Best who had been nutmeging him in training. 😄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back