Harry Gregg

Gregg was one of the survivors of the Munich air disaster in 1958 which claimed the lives of 23 people, and was heralded for his role in rescuing other passengers that day, including a young baby and team-mates Bobby Charlton and Jackie Blanchflower.

He also helped Vera Lukic, the wife of a Yugoslavian diplomat who was pregnant at the time, and her daughter.

Wow what a man, RIP Harry Gregg

Lovely gentleman. He personified team spirit.
what a hell of a story he could tell his grandbairns.
you can try n picture the scene
You did what grandad
Grandma, grandad needs his tablets again he’s gone loopy

R. I. P.

Very sad - a very quiet man. I was lucky to know him when I was at Roker in the 70s. I met him at a meeting in the early 70s. He never forgot my name and we would always have a drink together. Absolute gent who if you were in trouble and he was standing with you would make you feel very confident.

Rest easy Harry - an absolute privilege to know you.

Well that is 3 of my good friends I have lost recently - Martin Harvey, Bill Hughes and Harry Gregg. Can I have a rest now please?

Gregg was one of the survivors of the Munich air disaster in 1958 which claimed the lives of 23 people, and was heralded for his role in rescuing other passengers that day, including a young baby and team-mates Bobby Charlton and Jackie Blanchflower.

He also helped Vera Lukic, the wife of a Yugoslavian diplomat who was pregnant at the time, and her daughter.

Wow what a man, RIP Harry Gregg
Wasn't that lass pregnant with John Lukic the future Leeds goalkeeper? I'm sure it was a quiz question years ago.

Back