Hardwiring a Dash Cam/Cams

Easy to hard wire, just push the cable around the windscreen trim, then take the side off the dash (usually clips) and into the fuse box. Find out which fuse is always live for 24/7 recording, or which is switched (to record only while driving) info should be ont tinterwebs for this.

If you are doing the back, be careful not to run the cable over the tip of the side airbags, it's a ball ache to pull the trim out enough to fish the cable behind the side airbags, then just push it between the trim all the way to the back of the car.

Which ones are you buying out of interest, or anyone got recommendations for a front & rear setup? Just for Daughters car who just passed her test

I got the Nextbase 622GW and rear cam. I bought it directly from the Nextbase website and because I'm a lazy git, I got them to come out and install them. Spot on TBF.

Here

Last edited:
Easy to hard wire, just push the cable around the windscreen trim, then take the side off the dash (usually clips) and into the fuse box. Find out which fuse is always live for 24/7 recording, or which is switched (to record only while driving) info should be ont tinterwebs for this.

If you are doing the back, be careful not to run the cable over the tip of the side airbags, it's a ball ache to pull the trim out enough to fish the cable behind the side airbags, then just push it between the trim all the way to the back of the car.
Or just run it along the sill trims then the wire can't interfere with the curtain airbag.

Back