Happy Birthday Madonna

Status
Not open for further replies.

She got married in Skibo Castle, no truth in the rumour Ellis Short bought the place so he could sniff the matrimonial mattress.

I don't know avoab average looks,she was pretty decent in her day to me like.

Like a Virgin and Like a Prayer are good songs

Her songs are very average. I was amazed to discover in one of the papers that she has had 78 single releases over the years. The vast majority of those must have bombed within a couple of weeks.

Her songs are very average. I was amazed to discover in one of the papers that she has had 78 single releases over the years. The vast majority of those must have bombed within a couple of weeks.
You will be surprised by her statistical dominance of the female solo pop category since the early 80s...

You will be surprised by her statistical dominance of the female solo pop category since the early 80s...
But she would do that by simple weight of numbers. I understand that the average career life expectancy of a "hit" pop group or singer is something like two or three years and because of that those acts would never have had the opportunity to pump out 78 singles or anything like it.

What I am saying is that her long success is nothing to do with a pretty limited musical talent that was actually no greater than a lot of other acts that we saw come and go during her long career. I have no doubt however that she has been absolutely expert at marketing and promoting herself for 30 years .

But she would do that by simple weight of numbers. I understand that the average career life expectancy of a "hit" pop group or singer is something like two or three years and because of that those acts would never have had the opportunity to pump out 78 singles or anything like it.

What I am saying is that her long success is nothing to do with a pretty limited musical talent that was actually no greater than a lot of other acts that we saw come and go during her long career. I have no doubt however that she has been absolutely expert at marketing and promoting herself for 30 years .
See Flicky's link above. Got to be more than marketing.

It would be interesting to know how much she actually contributes musically to 'her' tracks, as most of the material is either written by or with other people.

It would be interesting to know how much she actually contributes musically to 'her' tracks, as most of the material is either written by or with other people.

Much the same as Elvis Presley, then? Yeah, he must be shit as well, in that case.

Her and Jacko are the only Superstars in popular music over the last 40 years .

I think people forget the hysteria surrounding them both and their music in the 80’s which hasn’t been seen since with any other singer .

Weird how she will be judged on her Pop song potential til she pops her clogs
In her peak she was the one to beat which was a massive achievement given she was just a lass wanting to make it
She definitely had that thing you can't buy as far as sexy goes .Having Teenagers wanting to be you and Dads and some Mams wanting to sleep with you is a recipe for success .
Ray of light era was the pinnacle for me

i heard "social media" was "up in arms" over this... what's the context? was she there to celebrate her career in music, and mentions aretha in her speech, or was she there to talk about aretha and rambles on about her own career in music?
You've got to remember Madonna is less the Queen than the Mother Theresa of Pop, she's stayed on top/survived by being a shithouse of epic proportions

Yes she mentions Aretha twice but it's pretty obvious to anyone who cares she uses her name as a coat hanger to talk about herself for 15 minutes while dressed as a Masai warrior.

No wonder people of colour want to give her a proper shoeing/sandalling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back