Happy Birthday Madonna

I couldn't name a single song of hers after the period when Ray Of Light came out, and that must have been about 20 years ago.

Actually, the Abba one. 2005, still 13 year ago.

I couldn't name a single song of hers after the period when Ray Of Light came out, and that must have been about 20 years ago.
I was never that big a fan, could probably hum 1 or 2 but something about her in the video for Ray of Light really got me.

Probably her nips if I’m being totally honest but also her look was just so simple and quite natural after some of her more wacky episodes.

She probably saw the writing was on the wall once younger and more avant-garde “artists” like Lady Gaga arrived on the scene.

Last edited:
I was never that big a fan, could probably hum 1 or 2 but something about her in the video for Ray of Light really got me.

Probably her nips if I’m being totally honest but also her look was just so simple and quite natural after some of her more wacky episodes.

She probably saw the writing was on the wall once younger and more avant-garde “artists” like Lady Gaga arrived on the scene.
Some good tunes around that time. No denying she's had some pop classics in her career.

Borderline, Holiday, Get Into The Groove. All topper for what they are. One of them is sampled on the Avalanches cd I have in the car. That's probably about 17-18 years old as well mind. Time flies!

some class pop tunes like

Vogue and Like a Prayer still on my ipod

she 12 years older then me...and still a wad

plus I think she is a genuinely interesting person. and doesnt seem to have gone mad like some of her contemporaries

Last edited:
Liked her older stuff. Can't stand her now. Still one of the funniest things when she took a tumble at the Brits...

If she went back to doing "pop" stuff ( like steps did on their last album ) she could be huge again. Problem isshe tries to be ahead if the game. Good luck to her though the aptly titled Celebration being the lazt good thing shes done

Back