Hang on. This is ridiculous. Southwestern Airlines

They should take some normal seats out and replace with wider seats then sell them like they do with extra legroom seats for tall people. That would be more comfy than sitting across two seats.
This seems to be the answer really. But its quite right that these would have some premium attached.

Nobody should have to sit next to someone who's encroaching on their seat.

What about if I buy 2 seats turn up and just say that I identify as a person of size? Does that still count?

Can I still get a refund? What are they going to do, measure me or weigh me in the terminal?

My son is quite tall and as a result we have to pay for extra leg room on planes as he simply won't fit into standard ones.
This is judged as the norm and you can't get them free even though it's something he has no control over.
However when some land whale arrives it seems that they'll be accommodated with free extra seats, when their condition is entirely self inflicted.
Add to the fact that I've spent packing and repacking my case to fall under the magic 20kg limit as the extra kilo would cause the plane to crash, where as the extra 15stone they're carrying is perfectly fine, just winds me up no end.

No airline wants to be the first to charge for oversize passengers, but I bet if Ryanair started, the rest would jump on the bandwagon pretty fast.

I pay to reserve an aisle seat close to the toilets in case I need the loo urgently. Being disabled and having to pay for specific seats is judged as the norm.

This seems to be the answer really. But its quite right that these would have some premium attached.

Nobody should have to sit next to someone who's encroaching on their seat.
Who decides what's "right"? The airline is a business and makes it's own business model, potential customers can take it or leave it.

Will it reduce the likelihood of an unwinable centre armrest battle ?

If his or her allocated seat is centre of 3, can they claim a free seat either side ?

If you have a weak bladder, you wouldn't want a window seat with a "Large" person trapping you in.

If you'd rather they took normal seats out and replaced them with "Extra room" seats, i hope it''s a row back, middle and front, so plane doesn't fly permanently with it's nose up or down.

It baffles me why i still press "Post reply" when i know i've just posted drivel like that.

They should think themselves lucky. When they play Blackburn, they just get a hole. Arnly right.
This armrest thing is already solved. Much like urinal use protocol. Middle seat gets two armrests as he has the worst seat.

Back