Hang on. This is ridiculous. Southwestern Airlines

Have introduced a policy whereby plus sized passengers who encroach on other folks space can buy an extra seat. FOR FREE!

Is there a defined set of criteria which must be met for ‘plus sized’ included in the T@Cs?

Easy way to get two seats for the price of one and not have anyone sitting next to you on a flight otherwise.

Airline has effectively reduced its revenues.

Is there a defined set of criteria which must be met for ‘plus sized’ included in the T@Cs?

Easy way to get two seats for the price of one and not have anyone sitting next to you on a flight otherwise.

Airline has effectively reduced its revenues.
If you encroach over the arm rest is the qualifying factor according to the airline.

I can very easily make my elbows encroach :lol:
I've sat next to you before. :lol:
Seriously though that will be the problem, what is encroaching? They aren't going to wait till you're on the plane as the seats will have already been allocated to other passengers. So it will have to be at the booking process. You'll have a situation then where everyone will be saying I'm a fatty and want two seats. I'm not sure how they will work this. Medical note maybe?

I've sat next to you before. :lol:
Seriously though that will be the problem, what is encroaching? They aren't going to wait till you're on the plane as the seats will have already been allocated to other passengers. So it will have to be at the booking process. You'll have a situation then where everyone will be saying I'm a fatty and want two seats. I'm not sure how they will work this. Medical note maybe?
You book two seats then claim a refund at check in.

They should take some normal seats out and replace with wider seats then sell them like they do with extra legroom seats for tall people. That would be more comfy than sitting across two seats.

Back