Hales and Stokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you work in the justice system? If not, thank fuck!

It's more important to you that a celebrity gets a stiffer sentence than a layman and it's more important someone gets a draconian punishment than a fair trial?!

Christ, if you want to live in a country like that, North Korea might be more your thing.

No mate I thought I made it clear it's more important that less crimes happen!!!!

Not really sure how anyone would not want less crimes?

The blokes a f***ing tit.

If I walked out the boozer tonight, a friend of mine got homophoically abused and I had a glass waved in my face and cracked the **** a few times, the old bill would say behave yourself from now on son, now off you fuck.

Because Stokes is a pro cricketer and a celeb, they're being wankers.

Load of shit. You are making an assumption first of all that there was some homophobic abuse going on when you don't know if there was. You also make it sound as if Stokes sparks the bloke to unarm him.

All you know from what you can see is that Ben Stokes sparks out an unarmed man and then goes after another unarmed man and tries to do the same despite his mates pleading with him to stop . The rest is just guesswork. Is it even the bloke that had the bottle that he knocks out?

Do you work in the justice system? If not, thank fuck!

It's more important to you that a celebrity gets a stiffer sentence than a layman and it's more important someone gets a draconian punishment than a fair trial?!

Christ, if you want to live in a country like that, North Korea might be more your thing.

Nobody mentioned fair trial,so not sure where you get that from,of course everybody should get a fair trial!!!

What I said is if somebody is sentenced who is famous and gets a stiffer sentence than a layman as you put it.

That could possibly mean that they may be less crimes of that sort,as it would mean the public would know about it,and I would prefer less crimes that a just sentence for someone who had committed a serious crime.

Don't mind you disagreeing but there is a key difference to what I said and what you have implied I said.

Last edited:
The key difference between speeding and another crime, is the intention.

You would always have more sympathy with a crime committed accidentally as in a speeding case rather than somebody purposely committing a crime, so understand the conceipt but speeding not a good example.

I honestly don't see it as horrific concept if a individual as purposely set out to commit a crime.

Of course I see the provocation, but as I thought I have made clear my own mates telling me enough is enough and trying to physically restrain me would tell me that is the point to stop.

In one way you can have sympathy with Stokes as I believe he went too far, however clearly he did not set out to hurt anyone, however with someone like Johnson he knew what he was doing purposefully did that,therefore have no sympathy whatsoever with him getting a stiffer sentence

I guess for me it depends on the severity of the crime,I have no issue with somebody famous getting a stiffer sentence for a serious crime.

The bottom line for me is what is more important a bloke who has committed a crime getting a fair deal or trying to preven that crime happening again.

Preventing or trying to prevent that crime happening again is what I think is more important.

Again, we're just round in circles so I'll leave it until we find out what happens to Big Ben. Nobody seems to want to put a figure on exactly when enough was enough, and that silence is absolutely deafening.

But honestly, that opinion is absolutely disgraceful. Substitute "famous" for any other demographic and you'd be shouted down immediately by absolutely everyone.

Again, we're just round in circles so I'll leave it until we find out what happens to Big Ben. Nobody seems to want to put a figure on exactly when enough was enough, and that silence is absolutely deafening.

But honestly, that opinion is absolutely disgraceful. Substitute "famous" for any other demographic and you'd be shouted down immediately by absolutely everyone.

It's not that I necessarily want anybody famous to get a stiffer sentence as of course I see your point and you have made some good arguments,however without the risk of repeating myself trying to eradicate crime is simply more important to me.

And if someone is made a example of for committing a serious crime I am certainly not going to argue if it decreases the risk of that crime happening again.

You right we going round in circles

It happens all the time. You know it, I know it and everyone else on this board knows it - if this is Terry, a Bristolian joiner, all he'll get is a caution or at worst a fine for a public order offence.

Cause it's high profile, they have to 'make an example' which once again, as we all know, is f***ing bobbins because when John, the welder from Leeds does the same the next week, the punishment is in no way representative.

Wankers and bastards? Because most of them are. I've worked alongside enough of them to know that.
Not a fan of the Old Bill there Brandon! When you where "working alongside them" where they taking your finger prints and photo?

Had to laugh at bit when they said they had birds round them so stokes and Hales obviously wanted to go where they were. Sure the new Mrs Stokes will be happy about that! :lol:

Right that's the end of that. Hopefully the lads have told the plod all this and they'll be dropping the case soon. If they do thanks to these lads coming forward the two of them should get an all expenses paid trip to Oz and hospitality tickets to their first cricket match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back