Hadrians Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was gonna go this morning, set my alarm for 2.30, got in the car and had a puncture! I might go tomorrow morning if you fancied a look. Want a shot around the housesteads area
Nightmare mate. Heading to the lakes today. By its bloody early that mind!

Nightmare mate. Heading to the lakes today. By its bloody early that mind!
Aye tell me about it, set off about 3am, sunrise at 4.45 there and it's a little over an hours drive, then a mile walk or so up the hill

Wish i'd gone tonight, lovely sky

Just got back from a sunrise. Well, I say sunrise, it was none existent with a big wodge of cloud covering the whole sky :evil:

Last edited:
Nice one. Did you use a polarizer for the sky?
no mate, my 21mm is too wide for one (only got one for foliage, don't think i've used it yet!). The sun setting on the right hand side of the frame washes out the sky a bit.

Well I got up at 2.30 this morning for another trip up, very moody skies. Big bank of cloud covering as far as you can see.

this mornings offering:

Logon or register to see this image
Housesteads by oROSSo, on Flickr

Last edited:
I like that Ross, quite moody. Might gan up for a sunset over the weekend, then again might not. Haven't been out with the camera since november. What time was that taken ??

I like that Ross, quite moody. Might gan up for a sunset over the weekend, then again might not. Haven't been out with the camera since november. What time was that taken ??
Between 4.30 and 5am. What's caused the lack of outings?

Between 4.30 and 5am. What's caused the lack of outings?
Just long hours at work at the moment, when I get home i'm knackered but getting the urge to get back out again. Just need some decent/different locations from the usual ones. Only photography related stuff i've done in that time was build that barn door tracker for astro stuff and use it in the back garden a few nights over the winter. If your going out anytime giz a shout and i may tag along.

Just long hours at work at the moment, when I get home i'm knackered but getting the urge to get back out again. Just need some decent/different locations from the usual ones. Only photography related stuff i've done in that time was build that barn door tracker for astro stuff and use it in the back garden a few nights over the winter. If your going out anytime giz a shout and i may tag along.
Will do mate. Wanna do A sunset at Souter but it's just timing the tide and the weather right. And of course a few more round hadrians wall

whitburn..
How do you get onto the rocks behind it. Went up there awhile ago and couldn't find away down

meh same difference. The shot I had in mind you stay on the cliffs. Dunno if you can get down.

A touch over filtered on sky, but great scene

Don't often see so much mist at this time of year

meh same difference. The shot I had in mind you stay on the cliffs. Dunno if you can get down.

You can get down but you won't see the lighthouse.
There are good spots on the cliff top but you have to step over the barrier.
You will also see flowers left as tributes to those who have fallen/jumped off.
Dawn or dusk wouldn't appear to be a good time to be stepping backwards from your camera.

Logon or register to see this image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back