Had My New Aortic Valve fitted 6 days ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the wife is limitingvmy
Great to see you posting again and to hear the op was a great success my friend, big (((hugs))) and take it easy fella xxx
Much appreciated. yeah my posting here has been sparse lately a lot down to its been hectic having pre tests and other opointments . glad its sorted and ive got six weeks before a follow up except cardio rehab.

Did @foggy call the hospital in retaliation for disturbing his nurses?

Get well and all that.

I did think about letting him get his own back Madness prevailed that day the suspense was killing me. But then he had us all hooked and still look back on him as an inspiration . top bloke is foggy

Last edited:

Pleasing to hear, Fantastic hospital as proved here Miracle heart baby celebrates 30 YEARS since life-changing op\n

I used to work with Carol who is also an inspiration and does much work for the cause--you may know her as well?
I worked with Carol recently when she took another job with Anthony Nolan to cover maternity.

Lovely woman and so is Kaylee.

I worked with Carol recently when she took another job with Anthony Nolan to cover maternity.

Lovely woman and so is Kaylee.
Oh and nice one Raindog obvs.

Last edited:
Good stuff, my Dad's post mortem found he had a damaged Aortic valve but didn't bother with going to the doctors because he hated hospitals!

Good stuff, my Dad's post mortem found he had a damaged Aortic valve but didn't bother with going to the doctors because he hated hospitals!
tbh mine was found incidently so ive bern monitored for the past 4 years or so. Right up until i went in i felt pretty normal So it can be very easily overlooked by anyone

How did you find there was a problem?

Had some kind of chest infection and Consultant in Immunology (allergies) gave me a thorough examination lymph nodes etc then listened to my chest with stethoscope and when finished asked me how long had i had a Heart murmer told her that i never knew i had one That resulted in a transthoracic Echo being done a week or so later. Materialised the valve was Bicispid and a genetic fault at birth. It also picked up the ascending thoracic aneurysm. apparently one of leading causes of sudden death . I was told what i can and cant do and monitored every 3 months for the past 4 years

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back