Had My New Aortic Valve fitted 6 days ago

raindog

Winger
Just wanted to share that last Thursday Morning i had Surgery to replace my Aortic heart valve and also a repair to the ascending thoracic aneurysm.

Well pleased to say that everything went very well and that just yesterday i was released from Hospital.

Would like to thank all here who have given support on a previous thread when i wanted a little help.

Great work done once again by an already strained NHS and we must fight to make sure it stays free at the point of delivery based on clinical need and not the ability to pay.

Pleased it's all gone well and agreed about the NHS.
Yeah unbelievable done and dusted in a week every person involved in my care were outstanding from ancillary to the top Consultants who did the Surgery Anaesthetics right down to catering Portering and cleaning staff. Yes its strained but in places but they all do their best.

Just wanted to share that last Thursday Morning i had Surgery to replace my Aortic heart valve and also a repair to the ascending thoracic aneurysm.

Well pleased to say that everything went very well and that just yesterday i was released from Hospital.

Would like to thank all here who have given support on a previous thread when i wanted a little help.

Great work done once again by an already strained NHS and we must fight to make sure it stays free at the point of delivery based on clinical need and not the ability to pay.
Great news mate.
Quad bypass 5 years ago and forever grateful.

Quick recovery mate get well soon

My son had heart surgery at the Freeman on the day he was born, his 2nd (11 hours) after 2 weeks and 3rd and 4th before he was a month old.

He's right as rain now and I'm forever in the debt of the NHS. Bless them all and glad you're sorted as well :D.

Yeah unbelievable done and dusted in a week every person involved in my care were outstanding from ancillary to the top Consultants who did the Surgery Anaesthetics right down to catering Portering and cleaning staff. Yes its strained but in places but they all do their best.

I'm sure you came away with the impression that if you took away all the people who weren't born on these shores then the NHS would be non functioning.
Hope we can persuade all to stay.

My son had heart surgery at the Freeman on the day he was born, his 2nd (11 hours) after 2 weeks and 3rd and 4th before he was a month old.

He's right as rain now and I'm forever in the debt of the NHS. Bless them all and glad you're sorted as well :D.
Pleasing to hear, Fantastic hospital as proved here Miracle heart baby celebrates 30 YEARS since life-changing op\n

I used to work with Carol who is also an inspiration and does much work for the cause--you may know her as well?

Great to see you posting again and to hear the op was a great success my friend, big (((hugs))) and take it easy fella xxx

Back