Gym food

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having chicken soup most days atm. Leeks, celery, broccoli and stock (and sometimes potato/sweet potato if I have any going to waste). Chicken thighs rather than breast as it works better in soup, it's cheaper and you get to eat the skins. That's about £5 for a weeks worth, assuming I can resist having bread with it, which I can't so add another quid or 2.

People who buy caged eggs are arseholes usually.

The conditions 'free range' hens are kept in are usually just as shit. Many of them will never see the outside and they'll be cramped up next to other chicken barely able to move. They'll still be killed and replaced when their laying rate makes it uneconomical for them to be kept and fed.

Either square it with yourself that pretty much all animal product production is a bit shite or don't contribute to the industry at all. Don't fool yourself with welfare standards that often don't mean high welfare in practice.

One of the only things that doesn't involve some degree of cruelty is keeping your own hens in a spacious garden and not killing them just because their laying rate has slowed.

So people who insist on free range may not explicitly be arseholes. But they are probably still contributing to the poor treatment of animals whilst believing they're not.

The conditions 'free range' hens are kept in are usually just as shit. Many of them will never see the outside and they'll be cramped up next to other chicken barely able to move. They'll still be killed and replaced when their laying rate makes it uneconomical for them to be kept and fed.

Either square it with yourself that pretty much all animal product production is a bit shite or don't contribute to the industry at all. Don't fool yourself with welfare standards that often don't mean high welfare in practice.

One of the only things that doesn't involve some degree of cruelty is keeping your own hens in a spacious garden and not killing them just because their laying rate has slowed.

So people who insist on free range may not explicitly be arseholes. But they are probably still contributing to the poor treatment of animals whilst believing they're not.

Stop talking sense man, @Frijj has made up his mind. I blame Jamie Oliver.

You eat Billy Bear meat man. Imagine the conditions whatever the fuck animal is used to make that (some sort of Hambeast?) will have endured.

It's ok though because free range eggs are convenient to buy and not that much more expensive so you can have your dose of fuzzy, warm "I've done something nice!" feeling without actually making an effort. And you can call other people arseholes.

You. Make. Me. Sick.

I buy 15 eggs for £1 from lidl, I just assume the chickens have a wonderful life and that Lidl are kind Germans as Germans are always kind.

Just done a meal plan as I need to start meal prepping so I never have to think about it except on Sunday when I make it all.

Essentially I can get a 3,400kCal diet (yes I'm reducing it a lot) for £33.37 a week.

If you mainly eat rice, beans, chicken, milk, leafy greens and solanaceous vegetables that's how cheaply you can eat.

Just done a meal plan as I need to start meal prepping so I never have to think about it except on Sunday when I make it all.

Essentially I can get a 3,400kCal diet (yes I'm reducing it a lot) for £33.37 a week.

If you mainly eat rice, beans, chicken, milk, leafy greens and solanaceous vegetables that's how cheaply you can eat.
Mmmmmmmmmmm

Korean spiced chicken wings from M&S as a snack for me. Keep your solanaceous veg

Buy your eggs, meats, tuna etc in bulk or when they are on an offer. It saves you a fortune in the long run. I get my chicken breasts for £20 for 5kg for example and freeze them all individually. There's a website called muscle food, check it out. Often has some decent offers on for meats etx.

I eat this stuff mostly although I'm just a couple of months into taking things seriously ....... chicken or mince (bought from Stirks its great value), bananas, apples, almonds, beef jerky, Skyr yoghurt, strawberry protein shake with one scoop 5 strawberries 300ml milk and 100ml water, a can of tuna 3 times per week, I also prepare 5 tupperwares of raw carrot, peppers and spinach to munch on at work. Mind I still end up eating naughty food sometimes, I've totally given up crisps which were a big vice for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back