Gym food

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Powdered toast man

im getting back into the gym after having about six month off due to lack of progress, I was training well enough but I couldn't keep to the diet, how do you manage to get the right food every day without going bankrupt.

im getting back into the gym after having about six month off due to lack of progress, I was training well enough but I couldn't keep to the diet, how do you manage to get the right food every day without going bankrupt.

What would you call pricey? Beans, pulses, rice and potatoes are really cheap. Fruit and veg aren't exactly the most expensive things in the world. Milk is a loss leader. A decent protein supplement is cheap.

In all honesty, you don't need much else. You don't need two chicken breasts, a tin of tuna and a fillet steak every day to build muscle and overall protein requirements have, historically, been way overstated in the bodybuilding/strength community.

Can buy likes of chicken, mince etc in bulk and last over a week or two and will be versitile for a whole range of meals, then your fruit and veg, wholegrains can all be bought a decent/low prices if you look well enough. Planning out your meals is effective for costs too.

Anyone seen these new protein bites? Look like crisps but with 20g protein and only 160 calories.

Anyone seen these new protein bites? Look like crisps but with 20g protein and only 160 calories.

Had the chicken ones before, decent though they leave your mouth a bit dry. Probably best to shop around if you do want to try em, think I've seen them in poundland and the likes

Large batches of chilli using 95% lean beef mince or turkey mince is a good way of getting tasty healthy high protein food.

What would you call pricey? Beans, pulses, rice and potatoes are really cheap. Fruit and veg aren't exactly the most expensive things in the world. Milk is a loss leader. A decent protein supplement is cheap.

In all honesty, you don't need much else. You don't need two chicken breasts, a tin of tuna and a fillet steak every day to build muscle and overall protein requirements have, historically, been way overstated in the bodybuilding/strength community.
Aye that's what I meant mate, you get reading on the Internet and most of the diets are just unrealistic

I struggle a bit with the diet in terms of eating correct amounts so I try to keep it filling and healthy.

Cereal/fruit or eggs for breakfast.
Salad for lunch. Usually made of chicken, tuna, tomatoes, salad leaf, couscous and some sauce to spice it up
Evening meal - fish or chicken with vegetables and potatoes occasionally thrown in. I spice the hell out of the chicken to liven it up

I eat a fair bit of fruit as a snack alternative. Once a week or every other week I make sure I have a cheat meal like curry or pizza.

Works for me and I generally feel strong when in the gym.

Aye that's what I meant mate, you get reading on the Internet and most of the diets are just unrealistic

I had a curry last night which was a little bit of turkey that I had left in but predominantly chickpeas. They're cheap as out, taste great and full of protein. If you can make a load of meals out of things like rice and chickpeas you're laughing, cost wise. I try to make the meat I do eat stretch as far as possible.

Had a tin of cocounut cream in there for fat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back