Guitar/Bass Tabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to this. Only been playing the bass for a few months or so. Using GP6 at the moment (a hookey version). I've found that a lot of tabs seem to be put together by the hearing impaired (or could well be my playing).

New to this. Only been playing the bass for a few months or so. Using GP6 at the moment (a hookey version). I've found that a lot of tabs seem to be put together by the hearing impaired (or could well be my playing).
If it isn't at least 4.5 stars I wouldn't that tab

Question to you readers ,can you not watch a video and work it out by ear ? i think its obvious how a non reader cant get it from tabs but less so the other way

Question to you readers ,can you not watch a video and work it out by ear ? i think its obvious how a non reader cant get it from tabs but less so the other way

If there is a 5* tab it is much quicker than working it out by ear, especially if you don't know the song.

Saying that I am using YouTube more than Ultimate-Guitar nowadays.

If there is a 5* tab it is much quicker than working it out by ear, especially if you don't know the song.

Saying that I am using YouTube more than Ultimate-Guitar nowadays.
Surely an easy song is easy no matter what ?
YYZ cannot be any easier to learn with a piece of paper surely ?

Never had a problem with ultimate guitar. What tabs are you after?

I was after tabs in August 2016!

@Typhoonftm bumped the thread!

Surely an easy song is easy no matter what ?
YYZ cannot be any easier to learn with a piece of paper surely ?

I’d learn a song like YYZ quicker with a tab, the runs and bass solos would take me a while to work out.

Tabs save time even with easy songs.

Last edited:
An old mate of mine is a bit low on money and has asked if i'd be interested in his Tokai Hard Puncher Bass he's had it since he was in a band shortly after leaving college in about 82 a bit of internet research makes me think its a very good Bass (he asking £180 ) Tbh ive a few of my late dads and dont really play ..never touched a bass but was thinking of an investment ...would it be a bit risky or should i snap his hands off

What site does everyone use these days?

Used to use Ultimate Guitar but doesn't seem as good as it used to be.
I don't need to use tab anymore I can hear the notes now, moved up to the next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back