Grim movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was ready to yag mesel after reading that, bleak as fook

And don't forget The Mist

When four bullets is just not enough!

Yep, definitely a bit on the bleak side. First watched it when it was shown in 1984, was 13 years old..... didn’t sleep well after seeing the first episode!

The nuclear strike scenes, probably tame now, where quite powerful at the time.

To me and many on here the 60s, 70s and 80s there was a constant threat of nuclear Armageddon from the Soviet Union that why this series was so real.
There is nothing going on today, even with terrorisim, Trump and the little tubby Korean that hung over all the planet like a NATO-Warsaw Pact unrestrained nuclear exchange.

Last edited:
A few I have seen which I felt were so grim & depressing could only watch the once...

Schindler’s List
Seven
Leaving Las Vegas
Angela’s Ashes
Kes
The Christmas Tree (1969) (this one is perhaps that left a impression on me most, saw it around 8 or 9 years old the ending left me so upset probably one of the first movies I cried at, even though it is a great film I cannot bring myself to watch it)

A few I have seen which I felt were so grim & depressing could only watch the once...

Schindler’s List
Seven
Leaving Las Vegas
Angela’s Ashes
Kes
The Christmas Tree (this one is perhaps that left a impression on me most, saw it around 8 or 9 years old the ending left me so upset probably one of the first movies I cried at, even though it is a great film I cannot bring myself to watch it)

Kes is hilarious man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back