Grim movies

….The Christmas Tree (1969) (this one is perhaps that left a impression on me most, saw it around 8 or 9 years old the ending left me so upset probably one of the first movies I cried at, even though it is a great film I cannot bring myself to watch it)

good shout!

In some bizarre way I always go through the xmas tv listings every year thinking 'will some tv station have the bottle to show this again?' ;)

It was actually a decent cinema hit back in its day (late 60's) and was directed by the James Bond director Terence Young (who I believe for tax reasons was based in Europe back then so agreed to do this Euro production)

And get this, there won't be that many left knocking about, but I actually have the original cinema release poster for this film!

forget the US production re-make 'Alive' in 1993 (based on true story of that plane crash in the Andes) ... see if you can get hold of the original version from the 70's: 'Supervivientes de los Andes' - 1976 (English release title: Survive!)

English synopsis:
A Uruguayan rugby team stranded in the snow swept Andes are forced to use desperate measures to survive after a plane crash. For the first time ever, survivors of the famous 1972 Andes plane crash tell in their own words their harrowing story of survival.

If you want grim...this is extreme grim! :eek:

Back