Greggs

It annoys me how often I go in and ask for a steak/chicken bake only to find it cold or their favourite word "lukewarm" at best.

But if you can get one at the right temperature.

Lush.

My lass works for Greggs and always told me that they aren't allowed to say things are hot, she says they have to say warm or lukewarm if cooler. There's a random article about it here Greggs reveal brilliant reason they don't sell hot sausage rolls apparently it's a VAT thing

I'd rather just pay the VAT and have them hot like but fair enough

I think they can still give you them hot, but like if someone goes in and says "what have you got that's hot", they can't answer. They've got to say "we've got sausage rolls that are warm". Like even if they're hotter than hell they can't tell you they're hot or they'd technically have to add VAT on. So since they say warm when they mean hot, they say lukewarm to mean getting on towards cold!

I think they can still give you them hot, but like if someone goes in and says "what have you got that's hot", they can't answer. They've got to say "we've got sausage rolls that are warm". Like even if they're hotter than hell they can't tell you they're hot or they'd technically have to add VAT on. So since they say warm when they mean hot, they say lukewarm to mean getting on towards cold!
They're getting one over on the tax man in a cheeky way so fair play ;)

I can't complain, I've gotten one over them loads of time, nicked shitoads from greggs as a teenager

They're getting one over on the tax man in a cheeky way so fair play ;)

I can't complain, I've gotten one over them loads of time, nicked shitoads from greggs as a teenager
Really strangely, my missus says they aren't allowed to ban people. Some come in, swipe all the sandwiches, but if they come back another day they have to let them in. Sounds f***ing mental, I'd last two days there cos I'd want to knock em out :lol:

Really strangely, my missus says they aren't allowed to ban people. Some come in, swipe all the sandwiches, but if they come back another day they have to let them in. Sounds f***ing mental, I'd last two days there cos I'd want to knock em out :lol:
Wuuuuuut?

That's mental that. How can that be store policy :lol: :lol:

Me first year of college I didn't have a proper job just did a few hours here and there in a pub so I worked out my money I had to spend for the week based on I needed 15 quid for the weekend and the rest was dinner money through the week.

Greggs put their prices up on the meal deal, so it was either I started drinking bottled water and gave up orange lucozade (which I was slightly addicted to at the time) or I didn't have a sesh every friday with the lads.

Or.... I started pinching stuff

Those cheese and onion pasties used to be hotter than the f***ing core of the sun from the galleries. Used to have to buy them, walk through asda and stand outside for about 10 minutes before removing gloves to handle the f***ing things.

Breakfast deal is good, can’t be rivalled if you ask me.
Their trick with lining the lip of their sandwiches with hods of filling then putting nothing in the middle is a rascals trick.

Pasty filling has decreased somewhat over the years.

Greggs summed up perfectly in several sentences.
Those cheese and onion pasties used to be hotter than the f***ing core of the sun from the galleries. Used to have to buy them, walk through asda and stand outside for about 10 minutes before removing gloves to handle the f***ing things.

Proper face melters.

Last edited:

Back