Greggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greggs food is good for a quick fix. Their coffee is actually fine especially with the price on the breakfast deal.

I love the corned beef pasties. But, they f***ing kill me with indigestion. Hence I couldn't even remember the last time I bought one.
Had a cuppa and a bacon sarnie once. It was ok.

It’s cheap and convenient and meets peoples generally low standards. Cons: naff sandwich fillings, little change or experimentation with what they offer, nasty coffee, overpriced cakes. Pro’s: local company, decent bread, good vegan option, food is pretty fresh, - could be so much better.

They are overrated mind, nice enough but nothing special, started using Thomas the Baker when Greggs was closed over lockdown and they are far superior, £2 for the best cheese and onion sarn you will ever taste.

The reason why Greggs is so popular is because it is affordable and convenient.

A lot of people pretend to despise it a display of snobbishness, but this will never outflank its popularity.

It serves a purpose for food
On the go. You know what you are getting.

Yes. Local bakeries can be nicer. But some are also terrible.

Too many sarnies look nice but when you look closer at the labels most of them have something sweet in them so can't have due to diabetes and hatred of sugar.

Simpsons was the very best bakers in Sunderland in the 70s/80s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back