Greg Docherty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronicle saying Rangers want us to pay more of his wages during the loan. Doesn't sound like its a problem with the player himself.

Appears to me that he was Parkinsons first choice midfield signing
(may have been others but press have not reported them until today)
and the lad wants to come here.

If this one falls through then it will be for the sake of a few thousand pounds.
Says a lot about the penny pinching and false economy still going on behind the scenes

The Shrewsbury chairman said, before we hit whatever this snag is, that they had made an offer for Docherty but couldn't afford the loan fee Rangers were asking. he said the loan fee was such that it had also put off the Championship clubs that were after him and that he was joining Sunderland.

It may be that Charlton may not want him (on the current terms) even if he isn't joining us.

The Shrewsbury chairman said, before we hit whatever this snag is, that they had made an offer for Docherty but couldn't afford the loan fee Rangers were asking. he said the loan fee was such that it had also put off the Championship clubs that were after him and that he was joining Sunderland.

It may be that Charlton may not want him (on the current terms) even if he isn't joining us.

This sounds plausible. - Rangers getting greedy.

I think we will still get him, but I usually put the kiss of death on these things, so he will join Charlton later

This lad is not on huge wages so makes more sense if we are refusing to pay a large loan fee.
I know Rangers need cash in to balance the books so maybe thats it.

This sounds plausible. - Rangers getting greedy.
This lad is not on huge wages so makes more sense if we are refusing to pay a large loan fee.
I know Rangers need cash in to balance the books so maybe thats it.
The Shrewsbury chairman's implication was that we'd already agreed the loan fee, the only club to do so and that was why the player was coming here. So there's every likelihood that the reason for the move stalling/collapsing is something else.

Would be a good signing in my opinion. Fits with how we want to play and has the attributes we need in there to keep the current system and game plan effective.
He will do great in the U23@s found by the great TC (so he must be a worldie).
Lets see what he does in the massive Div 1. ( I am not negative but )
if anyone speaks to PP over this week, just ask him what full input HE had on his signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back