Greenwood

My Boro mate says quite a few of their fans don’t rate mainly based on him playing wide left as he has rarely appeared in his more favoured central role where he was quite impressive today.
They have an option to buy him for £1.5m apparently,I’d snap there hand off at that price.
There are a lot of Boro fans that do rate him, he is quick, aggressive and a decent finisher, and only 21, if Boro don't sign him, he will get a move to a top half championship club next season....his work rate is tremendous off the ball..he is one of them players that needs polishing, takes tim to develop.
If Boro don't sign him, Sunderland would be crazy not to be in for him.

I think the referee was his uncle, foul after foul and nowt said. Was it him fouling Neil and then the ref gave them the free kick they scored from.

Yea but can’t fault Greenwood for that. You wouldn’t see Burstow putting that kind of pressure on anyone.
There are a lot of Boro fans that do rate him, he is quick, aggressive and a decent finisher, and only 21, if Boro don't sign him, he will get a move to a top half championship club next season....his work rate is tremendous off the ball..he is one of them players that needs polishing, takes tim to develop.

If he’s available we should 100% be in for him like. Local lad as well isn’t he?

I watched him as a youngster here. He had class quality then. Gutted when he moved as I'm sure if he stayed he would have been a fixture in the 1st team in the L1 days
I was told he was happy to stay but the Arsenal thing turned his head.

Probably some truth in both maybe
Both him and Mumba were class as u16s.

I remember watching the u18s v Chelsea in the PL Cup. Both were u16s. Mumba player CM and he was up against Connor Gallagher. Mumba didn't give him a kick. Greenwood was outstanding aswell but he missed a Penalty in the last minute which if I remember right would have seen us win the game.

Mad to think we had Greenwood, Mumba and Dan Neil in the same Academy year. They all could be fixtures in our team now

Last edited:
I'm glad the mods have been spot on and removed the awful comments on here.

Some people need to grow up.
I dont rate the lad. Hustle and bustle doesn't transfer into quality.

Looks pretty average
He did more in one game against us than most of our forwards have done against the opposition this season. I'd have him over Burstow in my side if I had the choice.

Last edited:
I'm glad the mods have been spot on and removed the awful comments on here.

Some people need to grow up.

He did more in one game against us than most of our forwards have done against the opposition this season. I'd have him over Burstow in my side if I had the choice.

That's the problem though. While i don't rate Burstow either work ethic doesn't transfer to quality.

He's not a finisher. He's not exactly pacey or tricky. Granted the lads got a good touch and technique but is he any better than Rusyn?

That's the problem though. While i don't rate Burstow either work ethic doesn't transfer to quality.

He's not a finisher. He's not exactly pacey or tricky. Granted the lads got a good touch and technique but is he any better than Rusyn?
He looked quick versus Dan “turning circle of the Titanic” Ballard but I don’t think he is particularly pacey

The one thing that he did do was lead the line and pressure our defence by himself, Burstow never pressed their last man, they had time to play the ball out at will, once, when we had a chance on goal (Clarke shot) and the rebounded ball broke into midfeild, Burstow was in our half, WTF? He's supposed to be up there, if is was instructions he was following then I understand, but if it was his choice it was terrible decision making, and he made those bad decisions all game.

The one thing that he did do was lead the line and pressure our defence by himself, Burstow never pressed their last man, they had time to play the ball out at will, once, when we had a chance on goal (Clarke shot) and the rebounded ball broke into midfeild, Burstow was in our half, WTF? He's supposed to be up there, if is was instructions he was following then I understand, but if it was his choice it was terrible decision making, and he made those bad decisions all game.
It is following instructions not to press all the time. Beale doesn’t like it

Would be loved here if that’s his usual level of work rate

It is following instructions not to press all the time. Beale doesn’t like it
When I played in Italy our coach insisted we let the opposition team have the ball in thier own half, we only closed them down in our own half and forced them out wide as we had big center backs. So it is a thing.

Back