Greatest Showman film

• Thread starter Deleted member 22590
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 22590

Other half wants to go and see it this weekend. I don't want to sit through a film if it has any animal cruelty depicted in it and if it's even remotely based on fact, can't see how the film will avoid it. Anyone whose seen it?

Other half wants to go and see it this weekend. I don't want to sit through a film if it has any animal cruelty depicted in it and if it's even remotely based on fact, can't see how the film will avoid it. Anyone whose seen it?

Any films that are out now will ensure that no animals were harmed during the production of any film
Also from what I've heard it's very good - I suspect it helps if you like musicals, but it's been very well received

It doesn't have any animal cruelty in it. It's not the true story of PT Barnum. It's a nice fluffy story loosely based on his life.

The bairn and me enjoyed it.

That's what I was asking- does the film portray the inevitable cruelty of the man rather than actually harm real animals! Cheers though I now have no excuse to avoid it.

I'd avoid the latest Apes film. They have the poor mites in some terrible conditions.
:eek:
@muggboots latest home video?

Link?:lol:

That's what I was asking- does the film portray the inevitable cruelty of the man rather than actually harm real animals! Cheers though I now have no excuse to avoid it.
No animals are hurt in films/tv in any way these days. The would be riots.

Last edited:

By all accounts they've rewritten history so that Barnum was a touchy-feely sweetheart who did everything out of the goodness of his heart, so you might be an right

Any films that are out now will ensure that no animals were harmed during the production of any film
Also from what I've heard it's very good - I suspect it helps if you like musicals, but it's been very well received

It’s quite schmalzy and glosses over how much of a weird bloke Phineas Barnum was. Could have been a really interesting film.

By all accounts they've rewritten history so that Barnum was a touchy-feely sweetheart who did everything out of the goodness of his heart, so you might be an right

This was the concern, a very cruel man and just wanted to check the film doesn't reflect that

This was the concern, a very cruel man and just wanted to check the film doesn't reflect that

Unfortunately the down side of it not reflecting what he was actually like is it gives a false impression of what exploitative charlatans such as him were actually like, at the exact moment one of their number is the president of one of the world's most powerful countries

I went to the circus in the 1970s and all the animals were dancing and clapping and could do sums and stuff. They seemed to enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back