Great North Run Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

2hrs 7 for me too, not sure on the seconds like. Set off on 27 mins on the clock. I was aiming for 2.10 so beat it by 3 mins...

Did you not get an email where you can enter 3 mobile numbers that recieve a text message with your time literally a min or so after you finish?

Not that i'm a perv like but i lost count of the number of lasses i saw squatting in full view having a slash :lol:

Did you not get an email where you can enter 3 mobile numbers that recieve a text message with your time literally a min or so after you finish?

Not that i'm a perv like but i lost count of the number of lasses i saw squatting in full view having a slash :lol:

No mate. I only got the number a month ago off a mate who had to drop out. I'd been training for it but just didn't have a number so when I got one all I got was the number to put on my top and the chip for my shoe. I presume the results will be in the journal during the week sometime ?..

1:44:58.

Wanted to beat last years 2:04, then I smashed a load of PB's in

5km - 22 mins
10km - 48 mins

which made me think I could do it. Ended up practically sprinting the last 400m because I knew I could break the 1.45.

Friends were in Wardley, but I had no idea where, so I spent from 4 - 8 miles just staring at roadsides looking for them, which really took my mind off it, but then come 10 miles I was wanting to stop. That BUPA boost zone was a Godsend too.

Off to the pub to celebrate now. Well done everyone!!

I don't know how some people managed to finish (thats if they did) as some were walking even before we got to the Tyne Bridge.

1:44:55 for me, was worried it was going to say a couple of seconds slower and I wouldn't have done the 1.55!!

5280th. Over the moon.

Knocked 2 mins off me pb, did it in 1:52.01. Ower the bloody moon!

1.37 for me and a PB! Keeling ower on the finish line and being whisked away in a wheelchair to the red cross rent was a bit surreal mind....

2:14:26

Last year I did it in 2:21 and this year's target was under 2:15 so I'm really pleased with my result. Think I went off a bit quick as I knocked about 3 mins off last year's 5k and 4 off 10k so was absolutely knackered by 10 miles. Thought I was about to have a whitey as I felt really light headed, but grabbed a handful of jelly babies and that saw me through.

Found it more difficult than last year to get round people, and some people were talking up loads of space walking when I was trying to move into the gaps. Think I could've done it possibly another minute quicker if I could've got past everyone I wanted too. Next year, maybe. :-D

1hr 51m - simultaneously pleased and disappointed. been running a lot quicker in training, around 1:35 mark, but had a chest infection the past week or two and have done no running at all. started at my usual pace but after about four miles there was nothing in my legs and started going backwards. just relieved to get in under two hours in the end and aim for a better time next year. well done to everyone who finished.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lads everyone has done fantastic those who are saying they are disappointed with their times give your heads a shake. None of us are Mo Farrahs just normal blokes raising money for fantastic causes be proud of yourselves ;)

Can't believe how much I enjoyed the run brilliant experience I'll do it again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back