great north 10k

• Thread starter maninthelighthouse
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Done it last year in a time of 45.05. Save some energy for the final hill lads as it's a killer. :cool:

I'll have to wait for my pack and times next week, I've sent them to my Dads, I hope I'm in one of the earlier time slots.

Doing this, would love to beat my Sunderland 10km time (1h2m38s) but would be amazed if I do, if anything I seem to be slower now :-/

Although on the plus side I can run for longer, seem to be pacing myself better which will come in handy for GNR in September. Still though, it'd be nice to get a PB on Sunday

Doing this, would love to beat my Sunderland 10km time (1h2m38s) but would be amazed if I do, if anything I seem to be slower now :-/

Although on the plus side I can run for longer, seem to be pacing myself better which will come in handy for GNR in September. Still though, it'd be nice to get a PB on Sunday

Good luck mate, it's surprising what running with a few thousand other people can do to improve your time!

I'm off at 10.30 too, would like to beat last years time of just under 48 mins, but I'm not sure I'm there at the mo. fingers crossed. Orange no 306. Feel free to say hi as you pass me!:lol:

I might have a free entry if anyone is interested my mate has done his ankle in.

It'll be for the green wave, 10:42 start.

Just opened mine, wave Orange no 1028 start time 10:30.

Hping to get sub 45 mins, with the weather being this cold I might just do it.

All the best everyone.....just about to head off.....

Best of luck everyone xx

I'm full of cold, so I'll be the one leaving a trail of snotty tissues behind me :oops::lol:

Best of luck everyone xx

I'm full of cold, so I'll be the one leaving a trail of snotty tissues behind me :oops::lol:

Well I'm gald your behind me, good luck.

Ive had my bran with banana and honey and have an energy drink for 30 mins before the run.

On the back Im going to write "Running for Beer" So if you see me encourage me to run for it.

Just finished, knackered, I should never have played football yesterday, I did it in around 47 minutes. The hills at the end were agonising.

But I'm glad I did it and I am proud of myself.

No, I knew the route beforehand was still an effort tho but i never stopped there was a few having to walk up it.

Was good running around the track before getting to the finish line.

1:13:21 for me. Not bad for a fat lass :-D

Managed to run up the hill as I was determined not to let it beat me.

Who shouted hello becs at me? I wasn't sure who it was :confused:

1:13:21 for me. Not bad for a fat lass :-D

Managed to run up the hill as I was determined not to let it beat me.

Who shouted hello becs at me? I wasn't sure who it was :confused:

WillD

59m06s

Absolutely elated with that, under an hour which I thought I'd never do, got 1h2m38s in the Sunderland one and my training for this one has been a bit stop-starty. Utterly chuffed, completely buzzing like.

Now, onto training for the GNR :oops:

Last edited:
Well I'm gald your behind me, good luck.

Ive had my bran with banana and honey and have an energy drink for 30 mins before the run.

On the back Im going to write "Running for Beer" So if you see me encourage me to run for it.

Just finished, knackered, I should never have played football yesterday, I did it in around 47 minutes. The hills at the end were agonising.

But I'm glad I did it and I am proud of myself.

Well Done mate.....didn't see this message before I set off, but I saw someone with a red and white top on with WILLD on the back with "Running for beer" made me chuckle as you flew past.....thought it might have been you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back