great north 10k

• Thread starter maninthelighthouse
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maninthelighthouse

posted this in the smb by mistake so reposting here. whose in and what time you hoping for? smashed out a 6 miler tonight 43.02 killing me now like

Would love to do it in 54 mins or under, the lad i'm doing it with may hold me back tho.

aye thats the thing like when you run with someone they can hold you back a bit. my pace got a lot faster in time when i ran with me mate struggled keeping up at first but soon adapted. gl though 54 minutes is still a decent time. you going the GNR as well?

Aye not sure what time i'll do that in, these two runs are my first ever.

I did 12.5m in 2h 6m a few weeks back so if i could finish it in under 2 hours 10 i'd be happy.

Is it slow to get going once you pass the start line so will that slow your time down?

Was hoping to do it in 50mins, but this mornings training run came to an abrupt halt after 6k with yet another hamstring pull!! That's me out for 7 days minimum....(wouldn't care was easily doing under 5min k's as well)

Aye not sure what time i'll do that in, these two runs are my first ever.

I did 12.5m in 2h 6m a few weeks back so if i could finish it in under 2 hours 10 i'd be happy.

Is it slow to get going once you pass the start line so will that slow your time down?

not as bad as most people think, ive always had room to run round people and vice verse with people running past me! never ebtered the gateshead 10k so not really sure what to expect with this

Was hoping to do it in 50mins, but this mornings training run came to an abrupt halt after 6k with yet another hamstring pull!! That's me out for 7 days minimum....(wouldn't care was easily doing under 5min k's as well)

i went for a 4 mile run in me dinnerbreak today, im not injured but the heat killed me. unlucky you are out for 7 days but do it good to rest it, good luck with it

ive entered but not sure i wil be doing it, was aiming for under 43 minutes but keep getting ankle niggles, if i do it sub 45 i will be happy, done it last year and really enjoyed it, wish everyone who is doing it good luck.

ive entered but not sure i wil be doing it, was aiming for under 43 minutes but keep getting ankle niggles, if i do it sub 45 i will be happy, done it last year and really enjoyed it, wish everyone who is doing it good luck.

canny shame that like ease off on the running for now mate and see how you go the week of it. i had a canny few pains before the gnr last year so eased off from me training plan and still did well on the day. good luck if you do it

Cheers fella, I'm in, hoping for a sub 45 minute, will be tough, but I'm going to up my training here now.

no bother glad you got in!

Race packs have arrived here :-D

Me and my lad both starting at 10:48am.

10.30 start for me.....hope the hamstrings don't pop again....

anyone doing the sunderland harriers 5k race next week - think its wed night up at silky. supposed to be a really fast route - ideal for a pb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back