great north 10k

• Thread starter maninthelighthouse
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

49m 09s - read about the hill at the end and didn't appreciate it - if I wasn't looking for the Mrs at coming into the stadium I likely could have done 48m59s :oops:

Fairly flat, nice run - good weather for it.

felt like about 2500-3000 there

55.20 which is my best yet but gutted in a way as I really thought I had 55 minutes in the bag. Couldn't break an hour until January of this year so a minute a month is not to bad I suppose. GNR in September so it endurance now until then.

Well Done mate.....didn't see this message before I set off, but I saw someone with a red and white top on with WILLD on the back with "Running for beer" made me chuckle as you flew past.....thought it might have been you!!

Not bad for a fat lad eh!

Well done to you as well.

My official finish time was 47:31, I can't get finish line photo as my number fell off.

44.50 for me. Chuffed to bits with that, I was aiming for under 45 mins although didn't know how realistic it was, I hadn't trained in weeks. Did anyone see the gurkas? Man those lads could run. They were in the wave behind me but tons went past me. Tried to out sprint one of em on the final straight but started to feel light headed :lol:

50.02. nowhere near my pb, but i was hoping to sneak in under 50m. I could see the clock ticking over so nearly killed myself sprinting the last 100m aswell:roll:

It was like groundhog run after halfway as i was, seemingly, overtaken by the same 5'6" asian guy in a maroon top!
I caught some in the last kilometer but, even then, as I was overtaking him on my left, he was simutaneously overtaking me on my right;) Great fun though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back