Great Indian Railway Journeys with Michael Portillo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got it recording. The BBC are doing things a bit oddly. Started a 6 episode series of Great Continental Railway Journeys 2 weeks back on a Thursday but have stopped that after 2 weeks for the Indian series instead.

The temple looks amazing, could definitely fancy visiting that

It's tricky because we're working around school holidays and our summer is technically the worst time to go because of the monsoon, so was planning far south. But far north like Amritsar then onto lower Himalayas is also an option.

Hoping to do a few Sri Lankan train journeys later this year like.
We went 3rd class from Kandy to Ella through the tea plantation hillsides last year. It was ace.

I was bricking it when they said they only had 3rd class, imagining being crammed to the hilt, with a chicken up my nose but it was reserved seating, a half empty carriage and really friendly. You'll love it.

We went 3rd class from Kandy to Ella through the tea plantation hillsides last year. It was ace.

I was bricking it when they said they only had 3rd class, imagining being crammed to the hilt, with a chicken up my nose but it was reserved seating, a half empty carriage and really friendly. You'll love it.

Colombo - Galle - Colombo - Kandy - Colombo is the plan. If I sack the cricket off for a day might do Ella.

Colombo - Galle - Colombo - Kandy - Colombo is the plan. If I sack the cricket off for a day might do Ella.
The commuter trains around Colombo looked like another story mind. Classic folks hanging out the doors type stuff

Galle is good, climb up the fort walls and you're looking right out across the cricket pitch. I loved Kandy. We saw whatever they call the parade with the elephants going along the road by the side of the lake. i wasn't sure whether I'd like it out there, but I'd go back at the drop of a hat. Only place I didn't really like was Negombo, syringes and all kinds of shit on the beach and plagued by hawkers trying to flog you stuff. A bit too touristy for my tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back