Grannie Annies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe penneys in the USA aren't bothered and haven't taken any action?
So why can't they call themselves penneys in the rest of the world and only Ireland ?
in US JC Penneys and if they haven't registered to use it abroad then tough

in Australai Burger King was always known as Hungry Jacks as an Aussie Burger King got in firsty
They have registered it that's why the rest of the world has primarks not penneys. Just wondering why they can be called that in Ireland.

Well if Iceland the shop can try and prevent Iceland the country from using the name "Iceland" anything is possible these days. :lol:

Last I heard on this though was that the boot was on the other foot and the country was suing the shop. Mind the Icelanders call their country Island which is probably why the Irish spell the name of their country Ireland

Last edited:
So why can't they call themselves penneys in the rest of the world and only Ireland ?

They have registered it that's why the rest of the world has primarks not penneys. Just wondering why they can be called that in Ireland.

because Primark might be registered in Ireland so they use Penneys. Penneys was probably an existing company in Ireland that they took over or ABF already owned

How am I supposed to know? Send them an email or something if you are that bothered.
:lol: so what happened with Big Macs in southwick did McDonald's force them to change name?

because Primark might be registered in Ireland so they use Penneys. Penneys was probably an existing company in Ireland that they took over or ABF already owned
I'm going to Wikipedia this. I'll be back.

Dinnar. Email McDonald's for me and check. Cheers.
Just go to Southwick and have a look. Then I will know what to say in the email, i.e. "did McDonald's get Big Macs to change it's name?" or "why haven't McDonald's taken action against Big Macs of Southwick?".

Just go to Southwick and have a look. Then I will know what to say in the email, i.e. "did McDonald's get Big Macs to change it's name?" or "why haven't McDonald's taken action against Big Macs of Southwick?".
I can't be bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back