Govt planning Oct lockdown if hospitalisations continue to rise

Have they said anything about extending furlough? Think this is just clickbait to be honest. As mentioned above, I don’t think they’ll get support either

Good point. It's ending at the end of this month, which is why at most it'll be kids getting an extra week off school at half term and masks making a comeback.

These unvaccinated charvers don't go to nightclubs man, or big events or go abroad. Car boot sales mebbe's. They just sit and drink in each others front gardens and cause havoc on their little patch of council estate all year. I'm afraid we may never pass the 90% mark so denying them NHS treatment may be the only thing to tempt them. Then again most of them will be prepared to take their chances and 99.9% of them will be OK.
A lot of the unvaccinated people I know are middle-class, well educated people, who absolutely go to nightclubs, and travel around the country a lot. One of them's even got a fake 'covid pass' from a mock NHS app.

Good point. It's ending at the end of this month, which is why at most it'll be kids getting an extra week off school at half term and masks making a comeback.

The extra week off for kids won’t be popular either tbh mate.

I’m not even sure how successful the return of masks will be

There's been a mini outbreak at my work. 5 or 6 people caught it. All double vaccinated.

What I dont understand, is if my wife gets it... im advised to stay at home even if my tests are continually negative. Surely that increases my chances of getting it and boosting the infection rate than if I spent most of the time out of the house?

Herd immunity by the back door?

There's been a mini outbreak at my work. 5 or 6 people caught it. All double vaccinated.

What I dont understand, is if my wife gets it... im advised to stay at home even if my tests are continually negative. Surely that

Herd immunity by the back door?
Only if your wife is up for it. It's scientifically unproven but you could tell her you're hoping to change that.

What I don’t get is young and “healthy” people being hospitalised when they’re unvaccinated is meant to be a warning to get the vaccine. But in 3-6 months time the vaccinated people in that age group will near enough be in the same boat, if the reduction in immunity is correct. Then what? This could go on forever. I don’t get what the end game is, because it isn’t vaccines, at least not in the real world as too high a % of people won’t get jabbed, there’s varying immunity dependent on how long since you had your second jab and school age children, on the whole, won’t be vaccinated.

Im as pro vaccine as they come but nobody should be denied treatment for covid if they haven’t had the vaccine, to suggest people should just be left to die is abhorrent.
To be fair the current line from the anti vaxxers is covid isn't that serious and if they catch it they have better Immunity. So by extending their own logic they wouldn't need treatment so no one would be left to die. Funny how their logic changes depending on what direction they are being criticized from

What I don’t get is young and “healthy” people being hospitalised when they’re unvaccinated is meant to be a warning to get the vaccine. But in 3-6 months time the vaccinated people in that age group will near enough be in the same boat, if the reduction in immunity is correct. Then what? This could go on forever. I don’t get what the end game is, because it isn’t vaccines, at least not in the real world as too high a % of people won’t get jabbed, there’s varying immunity dependent on how long since you had your second jab and school age children, on the whole, won’t be vaccinated.
The clltter clatter of pennies droping is this.

Back