Govt planning Oct lockdown if hospitalisations continue to rise

Full article

Basically it's potentially a couple of weeks fire break of extending school half term by a week & maybe masks reintroduced

Although hospitalisations in England have been showing a small trend downward of late.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Aslong as all those unvaccinated can stop paying tax and national insurance

I wasn't entirely serious, but OK for the sake of argument if they are being denied access to the NHS and nothing else at all and only denied access for COVID (due to their own ignorance/stupidity/selfishness) then yes maybe they should be offered a tiny reduction in NI contributions if they are earning of course.

Full article

Basically it's potentially a couple of weeks fire break of extending school half term by a week & maybe masks reintroduced

Although hospitalisations in England have been showing a small trend downward of late.

Ironically this was proposed by SAGE last year, backed by Labour and openly mocked by the Tories, who sat back and watched us get into a terrible state. That was before mass vaccination.

I wasn't entirely serious, but OK for the sake of argument if they are being denied access to the NHS and nothing else at all and only denied access for COVID (due to their own ignorance/stupidity/selfishness) then yes maybe they should be offered a tiny reduction in NI contributions if they are earning of course.
It could be due to their own research as to why they wouldn't have the vaccination there are many experts against the vaccination so who says BJ team is right. Not all unvaccinated are on the dole if that's what your implying

It could be due to their own research as to why they wouldn't have the vaccination there are many experts against the vaccination so who says BJ team is right. Not all unvaccinated are on the dole if that's what your implying

We live in a collective democracy, you vote for a government and accept the laws, anything else is anarchy. BJ is rarely right but the government has been handed the responsibility for this and citizens should comply, they don't have to have the vaccine, but if they are opting out there should be other things they forfeit as a direct result - entry to large venues WILL be one, travel abroad IS another and access to COVID treatment arguably should be included.

I didn't imply anything, however, you implied that if they had done their own 'research' someone wouldn't have the vaccine and that of course as you know is dangerous misinformation typical only of an anti-vaxxer.

Last edited:
Is this not just worst case scenario contingency planning that's being hyped up into something it's not?
Hopefully that is the case but suspect that the 200+ deaths a day, albeit with a Bank Holiday backlog, will have sent a few arses nipping at SAGE and in Downing Street. Back in July that seemed to be the figure mooted for when restrictions were likely to be reimposed.

Full article

Masks were dropped in England too quickly, the least of the inconveniences should have been kept a little longer regardless of effectiveness they have helped concentrate minds about the risks of an invisible enemy. "Freedom Day" was interpreted by too many as "Cheerio COVID Day".

We live in a collective democracy, you vote for a government and accept the laws, anything else is anarchy. BJ is rarely right but the government has been handed the responsibility for this and citizens should comply, they don't have to have the vaccine, but if they are opting out there should be other things they forfeit as a direct result - entry to large venues WILL be one, travel abroad IS another and access to COVID treatment arguably should be included.

I didn't imply anything, however, you implied that if they had done their own 'research' someone wouldn't have the vaccine and that of course as you know is dangerous misinformation typical only of an anti-vaxxer.
Im as pro vaccine as they come but nobody should be denied treatment for covid if they haven’t had the vaccine, to suggest people should just be left to die is abhorrent.

Im as pro vaccine as they come but nobody should be denied treatment for covid if they haven’t had the vaccine, to suggest people should just be left to die is abhorrent.

I did say it wasn't serious - but then a representative from tinfoilhatland bit. And I didn't say denied treatment, just billed for the self-inflicted injury (Private rates).

Last edited:
These unvaccinated charvers don't go to nightclubs man, or big events or go abroad. Car boot sales mebbe's. They just sit and drink in each others front gardens and cause havoc on their little patch of council estate all year. I'm afraid we may never pass the 90% mark so denying them NHS treatment may be the only thing to tempt them. Then again most of them will be prepared to take their chances and 99.9% of them will be OK.

Back