Govt planning Oct lockdown if hospitalisations continue to rise

Make things up :lol:

On May 2, 2020, you made the following post, which clearly establishes that you thought COVID to be a true and significant threat to health:

Frightening to think of what the numbers would be if we were just carrying on as normal then isn't it. Be looking at 10,000 or so a day

Yet today, you say that COVID is “supposedly highly contagious and lethal”.

I suspect you’re just wanting to stir up some crack so you’ve gone for as many COVID-sceptic tropes as you can fit in, denying the seriousness, making spurious claims about vaccines, etc.

I have been in close contact with hundreds and in big crowds and haven’t even had a cold these last 18 months. Strange with such a supposedly highly contagious lethal virus going round!

On May 2, 2020, you made the following post, which clearly establishes that you thought COVID to be a true and significant threat to health:

Yet today, you say that COVID is “supposedly highly contagious and lethal”.

I suspect you’re just wanting to stir up some crack so you’ve gone for as many COVID-sceptic tropes as you can fit in, denying the seriousness, making spurious claims about vaccines, etc.
Aye as 2 May was still very early into it and I fell for the scaremongering and thought I or people I know would be in deaths door but when I got out in the real world again it wasn’t the case

Is this not just worst case scenario contingency planning that's being hyped up into something it's not?
Let’s not start tossing ‘worst case scenario’ around again as every time this has been said, the scenario not only has been met but it’s been even worse than it.

Let’s not start tossing ‘worst case scenario’ around again as every time this has been said, the scenario not only has been met but it’s been even worse than it.

Give owa man. Most of the 'could happen' situations haven't happened.
We were supposed to get 100k daily cases when we opened up for example.
Even the modelling for hospital admissions were a lot higher than we're currently getting.

Wouldn't surprise me if the original story of an October lockdown was leaked by th government. They can look more heroic by coming out publicly and saying no more lockdown and deny the story.

Even the modelling for hospital admissions were a lot higher than we're currently getting.

Can you remember that thread where you posted a link to a chart including Warwick, Imperial and two more; and used that as the basis for your argument at that point in time?

Have you got that chart handy to post here?

Back