Govia Thameslink fined £1m over Gatwick Express window death

In May, Govia Thameslink Railway admitted a health and safety breach because a sign saying not to lean out was not displayed clearly enough.

Seems reasonable to me. They didn’t follow the H&S guidance. If they had, they wouldn’t have been fined.

You're right of course.

The numpty would still have stuck his noggin out the window though, dickheads don't read notices!

Mate did it coming into Seaburn station about 30 years ago. A branch of a tree took his new glasses clean off, when we arrived home his mam tried to take his head off to finish the job.

How about a mildly more advisory sign on the window? Something like:

"Don't lean your f***ing head out of the window, you daft f***ing twat, because it will bastard well kill you, you f***ing oxygen thief. Oh, and mind the gap please."

In May, Govia Thameslink Railway admitted a health and safety breach because a sign saying not to lean out was not displayed clearly enough.

Seems reasonable to me. They didn’t follow the H&S guidance. If they had, they wouldn’t have been fined.

I bet you’re the type of guy that irons his boxers

If you have to have a sign telling you not to lean out of a window when a train is doing 60 mph then frankly you shouldn’t be allowed outside alone.

Back