Government Petition (Hedgehogs)

Where are you at? Is there anything I can do to help? Mrs FC (no) would love hedgehogs to look after
Apologies for missing this. The local rescue have put an appeal out this week which I expected as they are so busy. Can you help us ? they just keep on coming 140 hedghogs in the last week alone. We need volunteers to clean feed hedgehogs and other animals there are many roles that we also would like a data inputter if you have a few hours anytime day or evening please ring 0191 5808880 the pressure will subside as the summer draws to a close but its intense at present

Well Friday was a bit busy. Two foster hogs cleaned & weighed on the morning, great progress. 6pm we find a hog outside our house weighing 282g, take it up to the rescue in Sunderland and it's suspected lungworm, hopefully recovers & we can bring her home. We had an update yesterday and she is very poorly, it's not looking good but we've given her a chance Collect a bigger box from the rescue for one of the foster hogs. Get home 8pm, clean box, put food out for the two visitors outside, feed both foster hogs... Yesterday morning shop for straw. All happy. Really hope the one we took to rescue pulls through though, would like to bring her home to look after ahead of release. Fingers crossed I guess

So the 2 little ones we took in 6-7 weeks ago are now 550 grams which is a remarkable gain and progress. They'll be heading back to the rescue soon ahead of an anticipated release back into the wild.

we've lost a couple recently we tried to save outdoors but I guess that's the nature. These 2 we have with us have been a great success though which makes it all worthwhile

both foster hogs heading back to the rescue ahead of release at the weekend. they now weigh 750 grams which is superb going in 2 months we've had them. Gonna miss them but we'll have another 2 next month when we get back from our break. Still got the outdoor ones feeding and one which has taken up residence in one of our outdoor hog boxes as they approach hibernation time.

So our 2 foster hogs went back and were released last weekend. this was them on their final day before heading out
Logon or register to see this image

we currently have one in one of the boxes next door and i suspect maybe getting ready for winter, he's one of our regulars over the last two year.

keep an eye out for them, critical time for them now as they try and fatten up.

thanks

Just want to bump this to provide an update. Now is a critical time for Hogs as some have already hibernated and others are about to. Please keep an eye out for them during the day, the recent weather has washed a lot of hoglets.

The local rescue at Sunderland currently have 329 hogs in care which is unbelievable numbers.

We still have one feeding and using one of the boxes in our back garden.

Just want to bump this to provide an update. Now is a critical time for Hogs as some have already hibernated and others are about to. Please keep an eye out for them during the day, the recent weather has washed a lot of hoglets.

The local rescue at Sunderland currently have 329 hogs in care which is unbelievable numbers.

We still have one feeding and using one of the boxes in our back garden.
Fair play to the rescue team,makes you wonder the hedgehog population of Sunderland,keep up the good work,fascinating little creatures.

Back