Gordon Muchall

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think they have made a good few mistakes regarding contract renewals particularly with older players. I wonder how much notts wages are
We won a trophy in 2007, one in 2008 and one in 2009. I posed the question the other day as to whether this was the end for that team rather than a beginning.

I agree that the club have made mistakes with contracts. Irrespective of what people think of certain individuals, since winning the CC in 2009 the only new blood into the team has been Brathwaite and say Harrison.

Claydon refused a new contract last year and it'll be interesting too see if he moves on in the winter. There are a few lads mid to late 30's and it'll be interesting too see what happens with them.

Harmison, I assume goes at the end of next year when his contract is up and collingwood will go the end of the year after that.

Its an opportunity for durham to rebuild and I'm assuming that the team in say 2 years time might look totally different to the present one.

We won a trophy in 2007, one in 2008 and one in 2009. I posed the question the other day as to whether this was the end for that team rather than a beginning.

I agree that the club have made mistakes with contracts. Irrespective of what people think of certain individuals, since winning the CC in 2009 the only new blood into the team has been Brathwaite and say Harrison.

Claydon refused a new contract last year and it'll be interesting too see if he moves on in the winter. There are a few lads mid to late 30's and it'll be interesting too see what happens with them.

Harmison, I assume goes at the end of next year when his contract is up and collingwood will go the end of the year after that.

Its an opportunity for durham to rebuild and I'm assuming that the team in say 2 years time might look totally different to the present one.

Blackwell and Thorp will be away.

Harmison is a disgrace, money for nowt that lad. He must be loving this T20 break and getting paid a fortune for doing nothing.

Blackwell and Thorp will be away.

Harmison is a disgrace, money for nowt that lad. He must be loving this T20 break and getting paid a fortune for doing nothing.
TBF Harmison loses out in that the club, as far as i'm aware, gives contracts out separately for the T20, CB40 and CC.

As you know he doesnt have a CB40 or T20 contract.

TBF Harmison loses out in that the club, as far as i'm aware, gives contracts out separately for the T20, CB40 and CC.

As you know he doesnt have a CB40 or T20 contract.

True but he will just love not having to be around the club and able to spend more time on the golf course. He's very well paid for his LVCC contract.

Just hope we manage to stay up this season but what we've seen so far this season, it won't be easy.

True but he will just love not having to be around the club and able to spend more time on the golf course. He's very well paid for his LVCC contract.

Just hope we manage to stay up this season but what we've seen so far this season, it won't be easy.
I dont think you'll find too many objectors to that post.

the batting malaise is incredible. i've never known so many batsmen been so out of form for so long in virtually all forms of the game. Astonishing really.

To be fair to the lad he saw us home beautifully at Derby the other night, and the OPs comment of being in for half an hour - he only faced 15 balls.

Yes he averages about 30 but we hardly have a load of batters averaging 40.

Stoneman, Smith, and even Colly have never set County Cricket on fire with only really the imports doing the business over the years. Its no coincidence that Benks stops scoring runs and we are rock bottom of the league.

To be fair to the lad he saw us home beautifully at Derby the other night, and the OPs comment of being in for half an hour - he only faced 15 balls.

Stoneman, Smith, and even Colly have never set County Cricket on fire with only really the imports doing the business over the years. Its no coincidence that Benks stops scoring runs and we are rock bottom of the league.

Colly spent his best years with England and averages 40 in Tests, so I always find it hard to critisise him for his County form. Which by the way isn't shabby at all. 36 with the bat and he can bowl. Muchall on the other hand averages under 30 and is only a batsman.

I'd agree with Smith and Stoneman. Smith had an excellent first year or so but he just hasn't been worth a place in the side. Mind I'd play Stoneman over Smith.

Smith was our 2nd top scorer in the LVCC last season. He gets a lot of stick when far worse than him fail time and time again in the LVCC such as Stoneman and Muchall.

Last edited by a moderator:
True but he was the best bowler on the circuit when it was signed. I can understand why they did it.

He was but 4 years is a big leap of faith in a 30+ yr old who had already had knee/ankle problems , fitness issues and an attitude problem if things did not suit him. Admittedly the latter was not as evident in relation to Durhamwhen he was given the contract.

I've been sick of the sight of Muchall for years. He cleary isn't going to improve and, as one poster mentioned, a CC average of 29 is rubbish for a bloke who's been given nearly 10 years of first class cricket opportunities.

He's also appears to be a big-headed twat if you pay attention to the banter between the Durham lads on Twitter.

I've been sick of the sight of Muchall for years. He cleary isn't going to improve and, as one poster mentioned, a CC average of 29 is rubbish for a bloke who's been given nearly 10 years of first class cricket opportunities.

This, I've been certain he'd be released at the end of each of the last 4 seasons. He is woeful.

He's also appears to be a big-headed twat if you pay attention to the banter between the Durham lads on Twitter.

Maybe just stick to talking about his cricketing ability eh? He is an absolutely lovely lad and everyone I know who has ever met him only has good things to say about him on a personal level.

He's been robbing a living off Durham CCC for f***ing years. It's amazing how anyone can be such an average cricketer yet make such a living. He has a first class average of 29 and it just seems he has never kicked on.

Paul Collingwood's first class average for Durham is 33.

Maybe just stick to talking about his cricketing ability eh? He is an absolutely lovely lad and everyone I know who has ever met him only has good things to say about him on a personal level.

Whenever I speak to the players after a game, they are all very approachable (apart from Harmison who you rarely see). All good lads and all have time for the fans (Will Smith been the best example of this from a personal point of view.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back