Gordon Muchall

Status
Not open for further replies.
In for half an hour yesterday and scored 16, just not good enough for me. What's people's opinions on him? I'd prefer Stoneman.

Gordon muchall is a reason not to pay £15 to watch 20/20 cricket. The sooner they sort out this 20/20 comp the better far too many rank players like him. stoneman ain't much better either

He's been robbing a living off Durham CCC for f***ing years. It's amazing how anyone can be such an average cricketer yet make such a living. He has a first class average of 29 and it just seems he has never kicked on.

He came to the club as a promising youngster amongst the likes of the Pratts, Peng, Hunter, Hatch etc and all of them have moved on after being very average cricketers also. While he has made decent scores in all formats of the game it just seems his failures outweigh his successes - in the Championship anyway, he admittedly had a good season in last years Pro40.

I get accused a lot on that LMC of having an agenda against him but I honestly don't, I'd be as pleased as everyone if he goes on to score 1000 runs in the second half of the season, I just can't see it. What annoys me and presumably a lot of fans is there are decent youngsters (as he was) in the Seconds, scoring runs and playing well yet they can't get in the team.

It just seems he has a few friends in high places - thats the only conclusion I can come to. Other players with similar records have been let go, released and/or sold on. Most people (on that LMC :roll:) defend him by saying hes a nice lad and he might get upset at certain comments that are made - I'm sure he's a cracking lad, I'm sure I would enjoy having a pint with him. It's just it takes more than being a nice lad to be a good cricketer and I only want what is best for Durham.

Finally, I think Durham should play Myburgh in the Championship side for the rest of the season, in place of GM.

Gordon muchall is a reason not to pay £15 to watch 20/20 cricket. The sooner they sort out this 20/20 comp the better far too many rank players like him. stoneman ain't much better either

I think £15 for T20 is shite anyway. With regards to Stoneman, I think you may be right - that said, he's still a young'un and I'm willing to give him a chance for the rest of this season atleast.

What was said to upset him?

Whey some of the fuckers on there are proper fannies man. He'd got a shit score again and Durham were failing with the bat again, so me and a few others who are regulars were saying it was poor/unacceptable. To which the aforementioned fannies replied with shite like 'I'm sure they're trying their very best' :roll:. Then apparently the players had read the comments and weren't too pleased.

The lass who runs it has a cushy number like, gets to watch Durham for nowt and update us on goings on for a living!

Last edited:

did you pay to watch Durham when Muchall wasn't playing earlier in the season?

safcdccc said:
did you pay to watch Durham when Muchall wasn't playing earlier in the season?

I have a membership but refuse to go to a 20/20 game paying £15 to watch about two decent players in that format.

He's been robbing a living off Durham CCC for f***ing years. It's amazing how anyone can be such an average cricketer yet make such a living. He has a first class average of 29 and it just seems he has never kicked on.

He came to the club as a promising youngster amongst the likes of the Pratts, Peng, Hunter, Hatch etc and all of them have moved on after being very average cricketers also. While he has made decent scores in all formats of the game it just seems his failures outweigh his successes - in the Championship anyway, he admittedly had a good season in last years Pro40.

I get accused a lot on that LMC of having an agenda against him but I honestly don't, I'd be as pleased as everyone if he goes on to score 1000 runs in the second half of the season, I just can't see it. What annoys me and presumably a lot of fans is there are decent youngsters (as he was) in the Seconds, scoring runs and playing well yet they can't get in the team.

It just seems he has a few friends in high places - thats the only conclusion I can come to. Other players with similar records have been let go, released and/or sold on. Most people (on that LMC :roll:) defend him by saying hes a nice lad and he might get upset at certain comments that are made - I'm sure he's a cracking lad, I'm sure I would enjoy having a pint with him. It's just it takes more than being a nice lad to be a good cricketer and I only want what is best for Durham.

Finally, I think Durham should play Myburgh in the Championship side for the rest of the season, in place of GM.

BrianT on match chat the other week told me that a lot of people at the crowd believe Muchall is a very good cricketer, when I said I totally disagree and haven't heard many people say that, he suggested I move around the ground a bit :lol:

Christoff then went onto say "form is temporary, class is permanent" when describing him :lol:

I have a membership but refuse to go to a 20/20 game paying £15 to watch about two decent players in that format.

If you claim to have a membership you would realise a T20 season ticket would cost £30 which is £5 per game.

brandon said:
Whey some of the fuckers on there are proper fannies man. He'd got a shit score again and Durham were failing with the bat again, so me and a few others who are regulars were saying it was poor/unacceptable. To which the aforementioned fannies replied with shite like 'I'm sure they're trying their very best' :roll:. Then apparently the players had read the comments and weren't too pleased.

The lass who runs it has a cushy number like, gets to watch Durham for nowt and update us on goings on for a living!

Players read comments ffs some should start working harder then.

Agreed. I really like him.

safcdccc said:
BrianT on match chat the other week told me that a lot of people at the crowd believe Muchall is a very good cricketer, when I said I totally disagree and haven't heard many people say that, he suggested I move around the ground a bit :lol:

Christoff then went onto say "form is temporary, class is permanent" when describing him :lol:

If you claim to have a membership you would realise a T20 season ticket would cost £30 which is £5 per game.

Due to playing most days didn't think it was worth it but with all the rain we've had it might have been still glad I didn't get one also would have to buy a full price one for our lass owt else you wanna ask?

Fairs fair here.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion on a cricketer but some of it was starting to get a bit personal and go over the top.

As a general point it'll be interesting too see what Durham do with players contracts over the next 2 or 3 years because all of them expire within that timescale.

I agree about Myburgh, I'd keep him on, if he is willing, for the CC. A bit of new blood wont go amiss and he seems like a canny player.

The Colonel said:
Fairs fair here.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion on a cricketer but some of it was starting to get a bit personal and go over the top.

As a general point it'll be interesting too see what Durham do with players contracts over the next 2 or 3 years because all of them expire within that timescale.

I agree about Myburgh, I'd keep him on, if he is willing, for the CC. A bit of new blood wont go amiss and he seems like a canny player.

Doubt we will be able to afford to keep him on past the 20/20s

Doubt we will be able to afford to keep him on past the 20/20s
You could be right. I get the impression that durham are pretty hard up ATM and I'm told that they are already right up against the wage cap which I was told is £1.8m.

The Colonel said:
You could be right. I get the impression that durham are pretty hard up ATM and I'm told that they are already right up against the wage cap which I was told is £1.8m.

I think they have made a good few mistakes regarding contract renewals particularly with older players. I wonder how much notts wages are

I think they have made a good few mistakes regarding contract renewals particularly with older players. I wonder how much notts wages are

Harmison contract is the biggest scandal ever. Disgraceful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back