Gordon Muchall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Collingwood's first class average for Durham is 33.

Yeah, I've already covered that, this thread isn't about Paul Collingwood though. For the record - Collingwood is an all-rounder, so offers more than just batting. Aswell as having spent his best years with England, where his (Test) average is 40.

Yeah, I've already covered that, this thread isn't about Paul Collingwood though. For the record - Collingwood is an all-rounder, so offers more than just batting. Aswell as having spent his best years with England, where his (Test) average is 40.

But Durham pay him based on his contribution to the club, not England, now especially.

I bet if we worked out value pound for pound Muchall would come out ahead of both Colly and Harmy. Not saying they should all be bombed out but for a lad earning a lot less than others in the squad, and doing a steady if unspectacular job when he fills in he is kopping some stick on here.

I really think Durham have bigger problems than Muchall at the minute! The Harmison and Blackwell problems must be sorted as both are on a fortune and offering nothing at the minute!

But Durham pay him based on his contribution to the club, not England, now especially.

I bet if we worked out value pound for pound Muchall would come out ahead of both Colly and Harmy. Not saying they should all be bombed out but for a lad earning a lot less than others in the squad, and doing a steady if unspectacular job when he fills in he is kopping some stick on here.

I really think Durham have bigger problems than Muchall at the minute! The Harmison and Blackwell problems must be sorted as both are on a fortune and offering nothing at the minute!

£ for £ the ECB will have paid a lot to the club for Collingwood, and let's be honest Collingwood raises the profile of the cricket club massively and dare I say the region.

The Blackwell situation with the 1 day stuff is a disgrace, not going into that again.

I've made my feelings known about Harmison so won't bore people with that again.

Muchall has had 6 innings this season in the LVCC, scoring 67 runs. That can't be described as "steady" when he's batting at number 4. It's very poor indeed and another reason why someone like Richardson should be given a chance. Performances like that aren't worthy of a contract

I spoke to someone today who said that at the Members Q&A the other week, one member asked Geoff Cook why Coetzer wasn't kept to which he was told it was because he'd been given chance after chance yet did not prove his worth.

I suppose that is fair enough, however clearly Muchall is exempt from that rule :eek:

I spoke to someone today who said that at the Members Q&A the other week, one member asked Geoff Cook why Coetzer wasn't kept to which he was told it was because he'd been given chance after chance yet did not prove his worth.

I suppose that is fair enough, however clearly Muchall is exempt from that rule :eek:

Like I say 67 runs from 6 innings in the LVCC, simply isn't good enough.

would rather here about turner tbh and what is

The Blackwell situation with the 1 day stuff is a disgrace, not going into that again.

:?: if already discussed ad nauseum give us a link, i dont hear anything doooon 'ere

would rather here about turner tbh and what is

Whey seeing as you want to knar - Karl wasn't even given a chance to fail like Coetzer/Muchall ;)

In seriousness though - Richardson and Jennings look decent turns, scoring runs for fun in the Seconds. They need to be given a chance that Karl never had.

Whey seeing as you want to knar - Karl wasn't even given a chance to fail like Coetzer/Muchall ;)

In seriousness though - Richardson and Jennings look decent turns, scoring runs for fun in the Seconds. They need to be given a chance that Karl never had.

agreed. pretty surprised/disappointed to not see a few of them in the 40/20 over stuff.

funny how harrison has come right in and immediately been trusted with new ball duties whilst our promising batsmen have not had a sniff even though its our batting rather than bowling causing us problems

To be fair to Harrison he's done well. Although you're right that the other lads still deserve a chance.

It's got me stumped (wheeeeyyyy :eek:).

To be fair to Harrison he's done well. Although you're right that the other lads still deserve a chance.

It's got me stumped (wheeeeyyyy :eek:).

aye im not saying he hasnt done well, but he was given a chance to, my point is the batsmen are failing more than the bowlers so if anyone should be brought into the team you would ahve thought it woudl be young batters rathen than young bowlers.

Just thought i'd point that out, since youre fielding questions

Kyle Coetzer is twice the player Gordon Muchall is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back