Goodfellas

Status
Not open for further replies.

an excellent film, however only the 3rd best gangster film with Robert de Niro ;)

The Godfather part 2 and Once Upon a Time in America both superior to Goodfellas IMO

Also, if you like gangster films, when Goodfellas came out it stole the limelight that year as the big gangster or mob film, which meant that another film with similar genre got totally overlooked (it was even released same week in some territories!) - Try to check out the very underrated 'State of Grace' ...

State of Grace (1990 film) - Wikipedia

Never heard of that, will give it a watch cheers!

Never heard of that, will give it a watch cheers!

it even has a soundtrack by Morricone (who also did soundtrack for Once Upon a time in America) … its a really good gangster film with solid performances by likes of Sean Penn, and a cracking performance by Gary OLdman

If you have the will power there is a podcast Goodfella minute, 10 min ish episodes each discussing 1 minute of Goodfellas
This podcast is class. Been listening to it most of the day and I’m only on Episode 15 of 146 :lol: It’s also slightly concerning how much of what they discuss I already knew.
Then again, I did take the script to Ibiza one year and spent most of the fortnight speaking in lines from it, much to the alarm of the randoms I was talking to.

I also once monologued the entire Seacaucus scene to a table of skiers in Andorroa. Doing all the voices and that.

Last edited:
This podcast is class. Been listening to it most of the day and I’m only on Episode 15 of 146 :lol: It’s also slightly concerning how much of what they discuss I already knew.
Then again, I did take the script to Ibiza one year and spent most of the fortnight speaking in lines from it, much to the alarm of the randoms I was talking to.

I also once monologued the entire Seacaucus scene to a table of skiers in Andorroa. Doing all the voices and that.

Glad you are enjoying it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back