Good TV series to binge on?

Finished baby reindeer. First few episodes were immense but I wanted to slit my wrists towards the end. Christ.

Also found the main character incredibly frustrating, in a self destruction kind of way.
I would say that's the entire point of the show. It's easy to sit there shouting at him to get a grip. However, he's showing us the profound effect the experiences had on his life. I you read interviews with Gadd (the actor and writer of the show) he talks about how he found it incredibly difficult to report his own stalker and still feels like she's the victim and not him.

I would say that's the entire point of the show. It's easy to sit there shouting at him to get a grip. However, he's showing us the profound effect the experiences had on his life. I you read interviews with Gadd (the actor and writer of the show) he talks about how he found it incredibly difficult to report his own stalker and still feels like she's the victim and not him.
Really difficult to wrap my head around that scenario tbh. Especially
the rape bit! As someone who is good friends with a person who has been raped and the trauma that caused, I cannot imagine even why he went back there etc. it just seems totally mental. But again, people deal with trauma in different ways I suppose

Really difficult to wrap my head around that scenario tbh. Especially
the rape bit! As someone who is good friends with a person who has been raped and the trauma that caused, I cannot imagine even why he went back there etc. it just seems totally mental. But again, people deal with trauma in different ways I suppose
I got goosebumps when he asked if he would like a cup of tea in the final episode.

Finished it tonight, brilliant. Very very good. Infinitely better than Line of Duty which I thoroughly enjoyed

The first 2 or 3 series of Line of Duty were excellent but then it became a silly parody of itself with each episode being a bingo card of clichés.

Blue Lights is certainly of the best police dramas of recent years along with Happy Valley and Unforgotten.

Just started watching 1st series of Blue Lights, really good and some great characters.
It’s good
Up to date on Shogun. Really good even though, strangely, not a lot happens. Lead lady is a dimepiece.

We enjoyed Kin, very good..... but....

I think we are now enjoying Love/Hate more. Once you get past the Byker Grove/Grange Hill budget first series, it improves massively. We're onto series 4 i think and its much better. Might be controversial after what I've read on here but its improved again since Aiden Gilen went out. Nige is f***ing hilarious and awful in equal measures.

Also watched 3 Body Problem. I swear it didn't have an ending. Can't help but feel I wasted six hours on Sunday.

Enjoyed Quiet On Set about the dodgy goings on at Nicolodeon filming studios. Dark but well done documentary. Loved Nic as a kid.
Nidge and Fran two of the best characters on tv
Up to date on Shogun. Really good even though, strangely, not a lot happens. Lead lady is a dimepiece.

We enjoyed Kin, very good..... but....

I think we are now enjoying Love/Hate more. Once you get past the Byker Grove/Grange Hill budget first series, it improves massively. We're onto series 4 i think and its much better. Might be controversial after what I've read on here but its improved again since Aiden Gilen went out. Nige is f***ing hilarious and awful in equal measures.

Also watched 3 Body Problem. I swear it didn't have an ending. Can't help but feel I wasted six hours on Sunday.

Enjoyed Quiet On Set about the dodgy goings on at Nicolodeon filming studios. Dark but well done documentary. Loved Nic as a kid.
Nidge and Fran two of the best characters on tv
Message went weird.

First episode of Sugar. Love Colin Farrell and concept. Bit weird with the b&w films cutting in and out. Watchable mind.

Last edited:
I’ve been watching For all Mankind recently and really enjoyed the first two seasons. I’m a couple of episodes into the third and I may well just ditch it now. I’m all for alternative history shows but this one appears to have jumped the shark in a major way - a private space hotel in the 1990s? They also appear to have ditched the better characters and most of the ones left aren’t very likeable.

Anyone who has watched beyond this point, is it worth persevering?

Back