Good news for school children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I spoke too soon 🥴 I got a phone call from the school this morning saying my son has to isolate due to a positive case in his class.

He has to go back on Thursday 17th but I thought it was 2 weeks they had to isolate?
Yeah, it will be that your lad was in potential contact with the positive case last Wednesday. As I said previously, there’ll be a stack of kids off in that last week anyway doing a sort of pre-Christmas isolation which if they are going to be in contact with relatives over Christmas makes total sense for everyone bar the government.

Reactions: ATS
It’s shocking how poor some of the home learning is that schools are providing for primary school children. Especially the older ones. Last school year I understood it all came as a bit of a surprise but there’s no excuse for it this school year. There’s been plenty of time to prepare. A few sums and spellings emailed each day simply isn’t good enough.
Schools wasted a load of time coming up with one way systems, year group bubbles etc

Announced schools can take an inset day next Friday to avoid track and trace issues. I dont get it? Isolation period is 14 days so how does this help?

Both of my kids isolating at home now, and the eldest now with a positive test as it's spread through her classlike wildfire in the last week.

In a way I'm glad it's happened when it has so we have time to isolate and hopefully be sorted in time for Christmas. I'd be massively fucked off if my parents had to spend Christmas at home because they are dragging them in until the death over the festive period even though realistically all any bugger does in the last week of term is make Christmas decorations and watch home alone etc counting down the clock to the holidays

Usually, perhaps. Not this year.

Not an extra one, moved from another day.

Stopped trying to figure out this government

Our little ones had one last week for some reason - they better not take one next week or we will be having to try sort out childcare

Our little ones had one last week for some reason - they better not take one next week or we will be having to try sort out childcare
I agree, they should be set months in advance. They always have been. Another government howler.

As a side issue I’d have, where possible, made the last week of this term non compulsary and had their been scope for the child to be home schooled, have gave families that option.

Totally appreciate some people would struggle for childcare etc mind but there you have it.

As a side issue I’d have, where possible, made the last week of this term non compulsary and had their been scope for the child to be home schooled, have gave families that option.

Totally appreciate some people would struggle for childcare etc mind but there you have it.
I’d collapse the last week of term tbf for older kids and make it online tbf

My daughter (7) doesn't break up until the 22nd. I think its absolutely ridiculous.

Track and trace takes around 6 days, symptoms, test, then 2 days before symptoms are tracked. So by giving a days training on friday, means that schools will have track and trace done before xmas eve. Great! Obviously everyone is happy to work for free for 6 days of their holidays. Absolutely clueless government

Track and trace takes around 6 days, symptoms, test, then 2 days before symptoms are tracked. So by giving a days training on friday, means that schools will have track and trace done before xmas eve. Great! Obviously everyone is happy to work for free for 6 days of their holidays. Absolutely clueless government
Tbf teachers got full pay for doing virtually fuck all April-July and have more job security than almost any other sector.

Again. Not what people want to hear but thats the cold harsh reality.

Tbf teachers got full pay for doing virtually fuck all April-July and have more job security than almost any other sector.

I don’t know which teachers you know but doing fuck all wasnt what happened at my school! Also remember a large percentage of the country got 80% for actually doing fuck all as you say, during furlough. Given a choice i know what i would have rather done.

I don't see any other workforce being expected to give up 6 days of their holiday, unpaid, seeing as they were furloughed and done fuck all for 5 months

Wrong, I speak from experience. Eighteen years in the private sector, Fifteen years teaching.
What do you base your opinion on?

I don’t know which teachers you know but doing fuck all wasnt what happened at my school! Also remember a large percentage of the country got 80% for actually doing fuck all as you say, during furlough. Given a choice i know what i would have rather done.

I don't see any other workforce being expected to give up 6 days of their holiday, unpaid, seeing as they were furloughed and done fuck all for 5 months

Spot on my son who is a primary teacher worked all through the lockdowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back