Good local bowlers from years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was pro at Blaydon for years. Made a ton and took ten wickets in a match against Lintz one day. Canny effort that mind.

My memory of him was playing at our place in a cup tie, Blaydon were batting first in 20 over game and he made a ton, however he was on 99 with one ball to go and he just played in down for a single to get a ton.

We won the game knocking the runs off second last ball of the game, we thought as a pro he should have tried to hit a six rather than a single and he had cost them the game!

Seems harsh but I remember that been the crack in the dressing room after the game.

My memory of him was playing at our place in a cup tie, Blaydon were batting first in 20 over game and he made a ton, however he was on 99 with one ball to go and he just played in down for a single to get a ton.

We won the game knocking the runs off second last ball of the game, we thought as a pro he should have tried to hit a six rather than a single and he had cost them the game!

Seems harsh but I remember that been the crack in the dressing room after the game.

So he got a ton in a 20 over game and still got the blame :)

So he got a ton in a 20 over game and still got the blame :)

Aye, just from us like!

They got about 165 and we knocked it off like I say with one ball to spare.

We said our pro, if on 99 with one ball of the innings to go would still try to hit it for six where Thomas just tapped it down and quickly ran a single.

He played for himself not the team!!!! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back