Good Hotels/Airbnbs in Bangkok

some of it is a nasty place. i was " on business "- really was, and was with a bloke from Iceland who wanted to go to a bar here.
We ordered a large beer in a sort of outside square and it was f***ing huge- about a 2 pint bottle ! Anyway, i saw a few european old blokes walking with young boys and young girls and i did not f***ing like it :lol:and told the Icelander, " lets get the fuck out of here ! I dont like it " :lol: this is not right. He hadnt noticed and didnt have a clue what i was on about. Anyway, left 4/5 of the beer and went to a normal strip bar !

That sounds like Nana Plaza not Soi Cowboy which is a pedestrianised road.

Assuming, therefore, that you know both you only need to add Patpong for your full set of Bangkok's main fleshpots!

:lol:

Last edited:

a few decent restaurants in the vicinity. Any suggestions?
If you want great food you are definitely coming to the right city. You might want to look for a hotel between Asoke and Phrom Phong BTS (Skytrain) stations as this area has stacks of great places to eat and loads of hotels. So that is going to be between Soi 21 and 31 on the north side of Sukhumvit Road or between Soi 16 and Soi 24 on the south side of Sukhumvit Road. If you like Japanese food there are dozens of top quality places that serve the 40,000+ Japanese who live here, most in this area of the city. My personal recommendations are:

Isao (Soi 31) - Japanese - great sushi rolls and sashimi - you need to get there early or have a reservation though as it is packed out most nights
Peppina (Soi 31) - Italian - excellent pizza and pasta
Khua Kling + Pak Sod (Soi 23) - Southern Thai food - crab meat in chilli paste is outstanding, very spicy food generally
Sri Trang (Soi 33) - Eastern Thai food
Craft (Soi 23) - Tacos (2 quid each) and imported and local craft beer on draft. DJ does requests on a weekend.

Back there in February again, usually stay around Soi 8 (Adelphi Suites), straight on the BTS, lively area. Will be down Pattaya for 5 nights as well, the place isn't a draw for me now, as my mate passed away down there, however my boys love it, go-karts, waterparks, ATV's, guns, sexy chick pool bars, so I'll have to suffer it ;)

Back there in February again, usually stay around Soi 8 (Adelphi Suites), straight on the BTS, lively area. Will be down Pattaya for 5 nights as well, the place isn't a draw for me now, as my mate passed away down there, however my boys love it, go-karts, waterparks, ATV's, guns, sexy chick pool bars, so I'll have to suffer it ;)
How safe is Bangkok these days marra

That sounds like Nana Plaza not Soi Cowboy which is a pedestrianised road.

Assuming, therefore, that you know both you only need to add Patpong for your full set of Bangkok's main fleshpots!

this was more like a pedestrianised road but a bit wider in places- on of the " lanes" led to a real grimy club which i seriously would not have dared to venture in.

I've never felt unsafe, even when i went after the bombing at the shrine. I find it has less petty street crime than say HCMC, if you go about switched on, common sense, not an arsehole, you'll be fine, same as most far east big cities.
I've found South East Asia on the whole to feel really safe. More so than the bulk of European places. The one exception in Thailand is in koh phangan which I thought had an edge to it.

Heard Phnom Penh can be a bit funny with bag snatchings too. Maybe similar to hcmc.

Off there for a weekend in January. Any suggestions? Cheers in advance. DNASH.

I was there years ago and the King Pullman was good for when you are leaving. Pool on the roof, executive floor and duty free on the hotel and lounge in the airport come with.

I love Bangkok but only stayed a few nights at the beginning and at the end. Recommend getting shit done at the Yanhee hospital and when you first arrive getting measured up by a tailor and ordering some clothes to pick up when you leave and ask if you can order shirts from home etc

Jan 11-13.

Oh :neutral:

How safe is Bangkok these days marra
Very safe. Only trouble is most likely to come from European tourists.

Right, booked my hotel today. It's five minutes walk from Khao San Road (not staying there, thankfully). Best way to get there from Suvarnibuhmi? How much will a taxi cost to there?

Bangkok, Oriental setting
And the city don't know that the city is getting
The creme de la creme of the chess world
In a show with everything but Yul Brynner
Time flies doesn't seem a minute
Since the Tirolean spa had the chess boys in it
All change don't you know that when you
Play at this level there's no ordinary venue
It's Iceland or the Philippines or Hastings or
Or this place!
One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster
The bars are temples but the pearls ain't free