Good Hotels/Airbnbs in Bangkok

L

Lexingtongue

Off there for a weekend in January. Any suggestions? Cheers in advance. DNASH.

Try Galleria 10 on Sukhumvit Soi 10. Nice rooms, good breakfast, cool lounge and pool area on the roof. Walking distance to the Asoke Skytrain/Sukhumvit metro interchange. Means you can get around to most of the city easily. If not Galleria 10 then try other hotels in this general area.

The very best hotels are opposite each other on the banks of the Chao Phra river.

On one side there are the Oriental & Shangri la with the Peninsular on the other.

Having said that the general standard of hotels is very good and which you choose will depend upon your budget and the location on what you want to do during your stay.

All about being fairly central like most big cities. Don’t save a few quid on something on the outskirts then waste your time while you’re there on trains etc.

Off there for a weekend in January. Any suggestions? Cheers in advance. DNASH.
I use the chatrium on the Riverside. It's very nice and probably about £50 for a river view (they're pretty canny at buck shee upgrades too put us in a two bed suite when we went back to Bangkok after travelling around before flying out next day) . There is a free river boat run by the hotel up to the main sky train hub.and from there the main river ferries run.

Travel lodge on Sukhumhit 11 was spot on in the summer.

Bangkok I wasn't fussed on though, some great stuff to do but can’t be help but see it as an overpopulated and overcrowded shit hole.

Bangkok I wasn't fussed on though, some great stuff to do but can’t be help but see it as an overpopulated and overcrowded shit hole.
f***ing hell, try living in Mandalay, mate! All that over stuff without the things to do. :lol: Bangkok will be like paradise in comparison. ;)

The very best hotels are opposite each other on the banks of the Chao Phra river.

On one side there are the Oriental & Shangri la with the Peninsular on the other.

Having said that the general standard of hotels is very good and which you choose will depend upon your budget and the location on what you want to do during your stay.
I'm going with a lass and she wants somewhere nice without breaking the bank. Not really bothered about location really as long as it has easy access to Suvarnabhumi airport and a few decent restaurants in the vicinity. We've both been to Bangkok before. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure you will want to be as near to Soi Cowboy as possible.
On our honeymoon, they asked us where we wanted the complimentary taxi to take us on the first night. They had a fit when we said Patpong, and tried to persuade us to go elsewhere. :lol:

I'm going with a lass and she wants somewhere nice without breaking the bank. Not really bothered about location really as long as it has easy access to Suvarnabhumi airport and a few decent restaurants in the vicinity. We've both been to Bangkok before. Any suggestions?

My advice would be to base yourselves on Sukhumvit (Trip Advisor, or similar, will offer plenty of choice) and you will have access to a plethora of hotels & restaurants covering all tastes and budgets, as well as having both the BTS (Skytrain), which now connects to Suvarnabhumi airport and MRT (underground) easily accessible.

The river hotels are not ideal for that and you would need to use taxis or tuk tuks to get to most places.

Last edited:

I do think Bangkok is very much a place you love or hate. Personally it's one of my favourite cities.
Surreal that place. We walked through and saw at least two western blokes wanking over young lasses in broad daylight.
Stayed right next to the soi cowboy on honeymoon. On the first night we had a wander down and decided to go in a bar for a bit of a laugh. About half an hour later a 60 year old Egyptian looking fella was getting wanked off under the table. :lol: Fast forward 10 hours and went to breakfast and there he was with his wife. The filthy bastard! :lol:

My advice would be to base yourselves on Sukhumvit (Trip Advisor, or similar, will offer plenty of choice) and you will have access to a plethora of hotels & restaurants covering all tastes and budgets, as well as having both the BTS (Skytrain), which now connects to Suvarnabhumi airport and MRT (underground) easily accessible.

The river hotels are not ideal for that and you would need to use taxis or tuk tuks to get to most places.
Agree with this.

Surreal that place. We walked through and saw at least two western blokes wanking over young lasses in broad daylight.
some of it is a nasty place. i was " on business "- really was, and was with a bloke from Iceland who wanted to go to a bar here.
We ordered a large beer in a sort of outside square and it was f***ing huge- about a 2 pint bottle ! Anyway, i saw a few european old blokes walking with young boys and young girls and i did not f***ing like it and told the Icelander, " lets get the fuck out of here ! I dont like it " this is not right. He hadnt noticed and didnt have a clue what i was on about. Anyway, left 4/5 of the beer and went to a normal strip bar !

I do think Bangkok is very much a place you love or hate. Personally it's one of my favourite cities.

Stayed right next to the soi cowboy on honeymoon. On the first night we had a wander down and decided to go in a bar for a bit of a laugh. About half an hour later a 60 year old Egyptian looking fella was getting wanked off under the table. :lol: Fast forward 10 hours and went to breakfast and there he was with his wife. The filthy bastard! :lol:

Agree with this.
The wife (no) was freaked out by the place, I’d have stayed longer, I told her to go back to the hotel and I’ll stay out but she wouldn’t have it :cool:

The wife (no) was freaked out by the place, I’d have stayed longer, I told her to go back to the hotel and I’ll stay out but she wouldn’t have it :cool:
Haha. It is nuts like. We didn't hang around too long tbf!

Mind Patpong is on another level Id say. Been there with my mates. Went to a ping pong show. That's an experience not to be repeated. I mean it was impressive how they could open bottles of beer (Definitely not to be drunk out of), but how 80 baht for a beet turned into about 500 baht was pretty impressive. Proper edge there like.

@ Lexingtongue I should have mentioned that if you decide to stay on Sukhunmvit then I would suggest you base yourself between the BTS stations for Nana and Asok. Sorry, I can't remember the soi numbers between the two but to go further out would mean your restaurant options would be more limited.

In addition the Robin Hood pub next to Asok serves a good pint of Guinness!

Back