Golf 2022

Basically first round of the year today. Big push in 23 to see if I can get handicap down with practice and playing a lot more.

Up at the Filly at close house. Greens in very decent nick for time of year, clearly the rain and cold as impacted course as a bit wet and boggy in a few places but cracking day like, nee rain and wind not too bad. Course was empty. Great to get out tbh.

Basically first round of the year today. Big push in 23 to see if I can get handicap down with practice and playing a lot more.

Up at the Filly at close house. Greens in very decent nick for time of year, clearly the rain and cold as impacted course as a bit wet and boggy in a few places but cracking day like, nee rain and wind not too bad. Course was empty. Great to get out tbh.

Thought you’d packed CH in ?

Will be trawling the 2nd hand shops over the next couple of weeks looking for unwanted/surplus Xmas gifts.
Looking for a driver and 60 deg lob wedge.

Nah golf mate. 😉

Ill put on here when im using both n anyone welcome to join in.

Nah 5.20 a pint too!

Its on my doorstep n never knew how prestigious it was. Some kernt flew in on a chopper for a round a fortnight back!
It didn’t seem that prestigious when I played there about ten years ago. The clubhouse had the feel of a working mens club that had fallen on hard times. The full breakfast that my pal had seemed to have been entirely cooked in a deep fat drier given the floating grease on his plate.

It didn’t seem that prestigious when I played there about ten years ago. The clubhouse had the feel of a working mens club that had fallen on hard times. The full breakfast that my pal had seemed to have been entirely cooked in a deep fat drier given the floating grease on his plate.

Id agree, was more meaning its history, 10th oldest in england etc n holds some prestigious comps.

Agree on the clubhouse, feels a strange mix of money people thinking theyre something n common jack the lads, Hartlepools much the same.

Not into that anyway, get me round done then feck off! Teeing off at 10.

Id agree, was more meaning its history, 10th oldest in england etc n holds some prestigious comps.

Agree on the clubhouse, feels a strange mix of money people thinking theyre something n common jack the lads, Hartlepools much the same.

Not into that anyway, get me round done then feck off! Teeing off at 10.
I thought that your post was probably more about the golf course which is highly regarded. I can’t really comment on that as it was blowing a bastard when we played there and it probably wasn’t sensible to play.

Enjoy your game.

Never played in 2022, 23 I want to get some consistency back and hopefully shoot in the mid 80’s for the year. Mix in a couple of lessons and decide which course to join next year.
Shields is well over subscribed. Over 650 members is ridiculous. 4 ball city. Aye a kna it's winter and shit but fook off.
I’ve got a round there tomorrow, been speaking to Steve about getting a round in to see if we like it. Slow play?

Back