Golf 2021

Has anyone attended Carnoustie as a spectator before? I'm thinking of going up there for the Women's Open in August and wondering what the best way of getting to the course is from nearby. There are some decent rates for hotels in Dundee and it looks like the train goes straight from there to the clubhouse more or less, so I'm assuming that's going to be the easiest way of doing it, but wondered if anyone had any other recommendations.
Piece of (Dundee) cake, go by train, you'll love it. Premier Inn in Dundee is right next door to the V&A, Tay Bridge and Train Station.

Playing a pairs open at Cleveland on Sunday, by all accounts a lovely but difficult links track. Looking forward to it, some how I started slicing my driver the other day, so hopefully that was just a one off. Had to leave it in the bag after the 12th hole and then finished the rest of the round with the driving iron off the tee.

Playing a pairs open at Cleveland on Sunday, by all accounts a lovely but difficult links track. Looking forward to it, some how I started slicing my driver the other day, so hopefully that was just a one off. Had to leave it in the bag after the 12th hole and then finished the rest of the round with the driving iron off the tee.
Cleveland is lovely. The greens are always in top condition.

Think ive abandoned my driver for life. Can hit it amazing but its a 1 in 3 chance.
Can ruin my score.
Had to google it, always presumed that was just known as Redcar and suprised its good standard. Shame its backdrop is the set of robocop!

Last edited:
Think ive abandoned my driver for life. Can hit it amazing but its a 1 in 3 chance.
Can ruin my score.

Had to google it, always presumed that was just known as Redcar and suprised its good standard. Shame its backdrop is the set of robocop!
I'm very similar, been driving it very well lately, then all of a sudden started slicing it. Like I said, left it in the bag for the final 7 holes and played them at +2, was +14 for the previous 11 holes.

Don't think it's possible to get a nice backdrop on Teeside :-O

Can ruin my score.

Its a very good course, starts with a short par 3 iirc. The backdrop is more akin to ALIEN3 than Robocop though !

Its a very good course, starts with a short evpar 3 iirc. The backdrop is more akin to ALIEN3 than Robocop though !
Ill give it a try. Throstons view is pretty impressive, panoramic but before cleveland hills you have said hellhole, can see out to see, towards a19 n northern coastline.

Love Cleveland, just the views are shit wherever you look. I actually think it's a fairer version of Seaton Carew, less hay and less crap bounces.

Back