Golf 2021

Played Machrihanish Dunes today and thankfully it wasn’t as windy as yesterday. It’s on an incredible piece of land which was largely left untouched when the course was built. The fairways and greens resemble skate parks and I was absolutely knackered when I had finished. Not quite as good as its big brother but it was also well worth the twilight rate of £45.

Very impressed with Burgham Park yesterday. Not a bad drive either. Unreal full english before! 😂

Was expecting it to be narrow as hell but quite a forgiving course. Enjoyed it, was free n ive another so ill be back!

Alnwick last night, shite match, Dunstanborough today!!!

Very impressed with Burgham Park yesterday. Not a bad drive either. Unreal full english before! 😂

Was expecting it to be narrow as hell but quite a forgiving course. Enjoyed it, was free n ive another so ill be back!

Alnwick last night, shite match, Dunstanborough today!!!
Filly at close house booked for 8am July 7th. First tee so we’ll fly round.

Has anyone attended Carnoustie as a spectator before? I'm thinking of going up there for the Women's Open in August and wondering what the best way of getting to the course is from nearby. There are some decent rates for hotels in Dundee and it looks like the train goes straight from there to the clubhouse more or less, so I'm assuming that's going to be the easiest way of doing it, but wondered if anyone had any other recommendations.

Has anyone attended Carnoustie as a spectator before? I'm thinking of going up there for the Women's Open in August and wondering what the best way of getting to the course is from nearby. There are some decent rates for hotels in Dundee and it looks like the train goes straight from there to the clubhouse more or less, so I'm assuming that's going to be the easiest way of doing it, but wondered if anyone had any other recommendations.
I’ve played there are fair few times but not spectated. It is a very flat course so it won’t be great for viewing. It’s easy to get in by train or road from Dundee (I suspect that there will be a park and ride scheme though).
Some good pubs in Broughty Ferry if you can get decent digs there.

Chester le Street today. 31 points. Pretty meh. My driving has gone to pot and fast losing confidence. New driver (Sim 2) has turned up today. Gonna need to get myself down the range and work on a lot of things.

Aye train from Dundee stops at Carnoustie right next to course.
As already mentioned Broughty Ferry is a canny drinking spot down by the harbour and that's also on the train line.
There's a Weatherspoons hotel in the Ferry and also The Fort is decent too.
If I were going I'd definitely be staying on Broughty Ferry rather than Dundee.

If you wanting to play while up that way St Michael's over the other side of the Tay is very reasonable priced.

Filly at close house booked for 8am July 7th. First tee so we’ll fly round.
Thanks mate, in the diary!!!

Dunstanborough - wow!
Prob best course ive played including the belfry, played canny too.
Ill be back.

Highlight was me claiming a nice drop as I was adamant a dog had took my ball from the rough. Me mate took some convincing! 😂

Thanks mate, in the diary!!!

Dunstanborough - wow!
Prob best course ive played including the belfry, played canny too.
Ill be back.

Highlight was me claiming a nice drop as I was adamant a dog had took my ball from the rough. Me mate took some convincing! 😂
Cheating bastard. I want none of that shit mind. 😉

We stopped in Perth for the open a few years ago , jumped on the train which only takes about half an hour iirc.

Back