Golf 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone watching the Arnold Palmer Invitational? Course looks unbelievably tough to play at the moment, greens like glass. Tyrrell Hatton has played so well to take a 1 shot lead up the 18th, hopefully he can achieve what Tommy Fleetwood couldn't quite manage a week ago.
Bit of a dick Tyrell, some of his behaviour is embarrasing. Even so, pleased he won because he's English.

Noticed we ain’t got a thread for the new year.

anyone got any trips booked for this year. Nothing for me this year I’m afraid.

anyone had a round in yet? I’m waiting for March I think. Too wet still for me.
Hope to shade a few strokes from my 20 handicap this year.
I've played a couple of times at Sharpley and Durham City, hoping to get over to Ryton when the weather improves.

Bit of a dick Tyrell, some of his behaviour is embarrasing. Even so, pleased he won because he's English.
Personally I like the fact he wears his heart on his sleeve and isn't afraid to say what he thinks. He's the sort of player the Americans won't like facing at Whistling Straits in September :D

Personally I like the fact he wears his heart on his sleeve and isn't afraid to say what he thinks. He's the sort of player the Americans won't like facing at Whistling Straits in September :D
It's just the petulence and blaming the course/ the conditions etc when he makes a mistake that irritates me. People do it at my golf club too and it gets on my tits, trying to make out that they were robbed.

It's just the petulence and blaming the course/ the conditions etc when he makes a mistake that irritates me. People do it at my golf club too and it gets on my tits, trying to make out that they were robbed.
I get what you mean, it's something we could do without, but at the same time, if it gets it out of his system so he can just play, as it did this week, there's some justification.

Having said that, I don't think he does it as much now as he used to.

Sharply wasn’t in good nick last week like, greens were awful, first time I’ve seen them like this like......maybe could have closed them down for a period during the poor weather. All holes and sand. Shite! Heworth were pretty mint a few weeks ago.

I've been out today and playing on a much shortened course managed four birdies in the front nine. It didn't last on the back nine but it was good to get a game in.

Been out in the winter league today 4 ball better ball match play we didn’t play well but it always feel good to take the win on the last!

I played for the first time in nearly 8 weeks yesterday woth @shepherd88

cathedral course. Still wet in places

hit 32 points 16 each 9
3 nr
was relatively pleased with that after a long lay off.

Where is all this leaving your golf plans then?
My club has changed some of its local rules, but remains open. New rules for us are: leave the flag in for all putts, rakes removed from bunkers, all bunkers are now GUR. They've also removed all bins with lids, ball washers and sand boxes from the course.

Just need for it not to be raining when I'm not working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back