Golf 2020

That statement is utter twattery. They need to take their heads out of their arses and realise peoples lives and livelihoods are on the line.

Pretty much word for word statement by our club too (Seaham).
I've already paid my full year in February but found the statement an absolute disgrace.
I'm sure the lads who pay by monthly installments if struggling will be dumping their golf club payment before mortgage! Especially consider they can't actually use the facilities.
I would have no ill will to them whatsoever and sure most others would understand.

My dream trip to the Masters obviously cancelled. Was a golf stay at Hilton Head Island playing Harbour Town Atlantic Dunes Heron Pointe then going to the Masters Wednesday Practice round & Thursday Morning. I was given a ticket in my Christmas box as my brother in law won the Masters Lottery. I have been trying to go to the Masters for over 25 years. Now quarantined at home lost my job & depressed writing this note
Oh my that's awful mate, I was supposed to be going to florida tomorrow, I didn't get picked out in the ballot. I know how gutted I'd have been if I'd been picked out. Yours gets worse every word.
Our club in Middlesbrough have told us they will not be taking dd money until the course re opens. Those who paid in full will have their membership extended by however long its shut.
Closed it 2 weeks ago.
You at brass Castle or somewhere else?

Last edited:
Oh my that's awful mate, I was supposed to be going to florida tomorrow, I didn't get picked out in the ballot. I know how gutted I'd have been if I'd been picked out. Yours gets worse every word.

You at brass Castle or somewhere else?

Middlesbrough MGC ladgate lane.

My dream trip to the Masters obviously cancelled. Was a golf stay at Hilton Head Island playing Harbour Town Atlantic Dunes Heron Pointe then going to the Masters Wednesday Practice round & Thursday Morning. I was given a ticket in my Christmas box as my brother in law won the Masters Lottery. I have been trying to go to the Masters for over 25 years. Now quarantined at home lost my job & depressed writing this note

Bugger mate, gutting that.

I've already paid my full year in February but found the statement an absolute disgrace.
I'm sure the lads who pay by monthly installments if struggling will be dumping their golf club payment before mortgage! Especially consider they can't actually use the facilities.
I would have no ill will to them whatsoever and sure most others would understand.
pleased someone else was disgusted with the clubs statement. even more pissed off now that they have just copied from another clubs website

absolute shite statement mate

Many golf clubs are under real financial pressure.
When I joined my club (Penrith) there was a six year waiting list and a joining fee equivalent to the first years subscription.
Now if you introduce a new member they knock £100 off your subs.
There's going to be some clubs that don't reopen after this,no green fees,no bar takings, people unable to make direct debit payments due to the shitstorm we are facing.
Unlikely to be any government help for private members clubs tough times ahead

The Open has been cancelled and the schedule moved back a year with Royal St George's as the venue, then St Andrew's for 2022.

Disappointing but understandable, yet the US majors remain on the calendar with the PGA on 6-9 August, US Open 17-20 September and the Masters on 12-15 November. Seems a bit optimistic given how bad the situation is over there at the moment.

The Open has been cancelled and the schedule moved back a year with Royal St George's as the venue, then St Andrew's for 2022.

Disappointing but understandable, yet the US majors remain on the calendar with the PGA on 6-9 August, US Open 17-20 September and the Masters on 12-15 November. Seems a bit optimistic given how bad the situation is over there at the moment.
I can't see the PGA Tour starting again in June as it will according to the schedule. After today's announcement the Ryder Cup remains on the schedule for 2020 as well.

I can't see the PGA Tour starting again in June as it will according to the schedule. After today's announcement the Ryder Cup remains on the schedule for 2020 as well.
At best it'll restart behind closed doors, but I reckon it's going to be a month later than currently planned at least.

Surely the Ryder Cup had to move back to 2021, even with a tour restart in June, the qualifying time would be minimal. Not to mention having it 5 days after the US Open will definitely have an impact on the players' preparation.

At best it'll restart behind closed doors, but I reckon it's going to be a month later than currently planned at least.

Surely the Ryder Cup had to move back to 2021, even with a tour restart in June, the qualifying time would be minimal. Not to mention having it 5 days after the US Open will definitely have an impact on the players' preparation.
The Ryder cup could benefit from being moved to next year. Most people of a certain age will remember that before it was postponed in 2001 due to 9/11 the Ryder cup was in an odd numbered year.
Going back to an odd numbered year would help the Ryder Cup and it's impact on your average sports fan. Apart from Ashes cricket not much in the way of big sporting events happen in these years.

The Ryder cup could benefit from being moved to next year. Most people of a certain age will remember that before it was postponed in 2001 due to 9/11 the Ryder cup was in an odd numbered year.
Going back to an odd numbered year would help the Ryder Cup and it's impact on your average sports fan. Apart from Ashes cricket not much in the way of big sporting events happen in these years.
I think I prefer the idea of going back to the odd numbered years too, tradition and all that. There's also the marketing opportunity presented by a centenary event in 2027, hopefully marked with a return to the Belfry.

I’ve got tickets for the BMW PGA at Wentworth which if still on will now be the week before the US Open and a fortnight before the Ryder Cup.
Can’t see many of the big names putting themselves up for Wentworth with those two massive weeks to follow :neutral:

how badhas it been over there figures wise and how long you been in lockdown

As of 9am today

4828 cases from 90247 tests, 80 dead and 127 recovered

Think this is week 5 of lockdown - its stricter than the Uk as we have to wear masks anywhere we go, borders are closed etc

Chester le Street Golf Club broken into Sunday night and they stole all the silver trophies. So much history taken. Not even worth that much I wouldn’t think. Some horrible tw.ts about.

Chester le Street Golf Club broken into Sunday night and they stole all the silver trophies. So much history taken. Not even worth that much I wouldn’t think. Some horrible tw.ts about.

Police were looking into it and had a lead on the car i believe be good to get them back

Back